Recent Activities

Bjoern. -

Posted a new thread: Closed // spider chart / radar chart

Thread
    Hello everyone, does somebody know the necessary coordinates and setup to create a spiderchart or radar chart? Unfortunately there is nothing given in the KB and I tried a few things but only get the error that the chart cannot displayed. Any help is…

Bjoern. -

Posted a new thread: Dynarange showing element and alias

Thread
    Hello everyone, does someone know whether it is possible to show in a dynarange not just the element or the alias, but both like in a jedox view, where you can select to display alias and element separated by a "-" ? Or could that be a good feature…

dominik_l -

Replied to the thread Deploy Dynarange levels programmatically.

This is not possible generically. In theory, you can have multiple HFILTER expressions in a subset, but as part of dynarange, a Hyperlink couldn't dynamically manipulate this.

laloune -

Hello, actually I meant either, that I click on a link or a button, and it has the same effect as double click on the element. let's say I have following dynarange: Europe => West => East I would like a link left to West that would open West, as it…

Cristian Stollberg -

Posted a new thread: Cannot load to Excel/csv on location JedoxFiles

Thread
    Hi all, I want to export to an Excel or .csv file on the location JedoxFiles. I get however the error "Writing failed: A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at 1 [character 2 line 1]". However I encounter no problem when writing to other locations (eg.…

dominik_l -

Replied to the thread Select all Child-Elements / Children for an Average (weighted).

Hi, have you looked into rule templates? They allow you to parametrize rules, thus saving you some of the work a hardcoded list would cause (espcially if you have many rules). For example, you can create rule templates based on the result of a stored…

dominik_l -

Replied to the thread Reactivation of the Knowledgebase for older versions than the current one.

Hi Michael, we have deliberately moved the old ersions out of the Knowledge Base, as it sometimes caused confusion among users and it's easy to get side-tracked, looking at the wrong version of an article. As p.hildebrandt said, the older versions of…

dominik_l -

I assume you mean the "Expand to level" setting from the DynaRange properties. There's currently no option or Macro API to access the levels of a Dynarange. What has been done sometimes in the past to achive something similar: set a high value for the…

dominik_l -

Replied to the thread Import Frameset FB file?.

Hi Rose, this would depend on the specifics of the error (error message, screenshots). One possiblity is that you *.pb file doesn't contain all the necessary contents. When you export a Frameset in a bundle directly (i.e. you right-click the Frameset,…
    Hi Michael, yes, threads are automatically marked as done after a certain period of time. I now raised this time from 7 days to 90 days.

Orus88 -

Replied to the thread Model Images in Reports Module.

I just found the solution here: knowledgebase.jedox.com/knowledgebase/report-manager/ Thank you all, Derek

Orus88 -

Posted a new thread: Model Images in Reports Module

Thread
    Dear members, Does anybody know how to assign custom display images to reports in order to show them in the Reports module instead of the default ones? The idea is to change this situation: 2m6s54x.png to this one: 2d9ntbc.png Thank you in…

Orus88 -

Replied to the thread Change Dimension Element Type.

Bjoern. -

Replied to the thread Change Dimension Element Type.

Hi Orus88, that's a bug. I had the same issue when I replicated it. You can report it to jedox, so that they will fix it. In the meantime you can try it with an ETL process. In the TreePC transform you have the option to give the element type. Br Bjoern

Bjoern. -

Replied to the thread Is it possible to merge several dimension elements into one single element?.

Hi OMartin, I'm gonna write the bare concept over here, just in case that somebody else has the same question. The extract of all the elements should be clear right?1. Cube Extract -> Filter as much as you can, e.g. on the year or the version (actual,…

Orus88 -

Posted a new thread: Change Dimension Element Type

Thread
    Hi there fellows, I'm having problems trying to change element types from default numeric to string. When trying to change my base element type using the "Type" list of values in the modeler, as I select "String" it appears a confirmation message and…

martino -

Replied to the thread Is it possible to merge several dimension elements into one single element?.

Hi Björn, thanks for your support, but I´m afraid, I didn´t quite get it. If I understand you right, I shall start with a dimension extract that selects only the "wrong" elements. Ok. The "real" element 4711 already exists, along with it´s wrong…

Bjoern. -

Hi OMartin, one possible way would be to make an ETL extract of the "wrong" base elements. Then create, if not already existent, the element 4711 and make an ETL load with a table aggregation on the extract that was done before. That way the the element…

martino -

Posted a new thread: Is it possible to merge several dimension elements into one single element?

Thread
    Hi there, in our Customer dimension there are thousands of elements that have made their way into the dimension due to an design error. They are actually not real customer IDs but instead IDs of the customers´ contact persons. Their numbers are…

Bjoern. -

Posted a new thread: set target for base elements only

Thread
    Hi there, I want to set up allocation rules for cost centers and am struggling quite a bit. Here a scenario: Cost center A has amount x in material costs // products 1 to 40 receive those costs by percentage of sales to the account allocation…