Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 25.

As your suggestions would produce a simple average of the childs (which could simply be done with semi additive measures) this does not touch my problem: I am looking for a way to adress all the children of a certain consolidated element. One more time another attempt to describe my problem: I will not call it average now, because I think this is what this discussion led into a wrong direction. Is it possible to do an action on all the children of a certain consolidated element without knowing w…

I still have not found an answer to my original question. I will try to ask in another way: There is a consolidated element, e.g. DACH. It contains DE, AT and CH. Is it possible to define a rule that calculates a mean based on the underlying elements? I know that there is the possibility to do this via 'Semi-Additive Measures', but this will calculate a normal arithmetic average. I want a weighted one. Therefore I need to adress all the child elements of a certain consolidated element. Once agai…

Thanks for the advice. We did not update to 2018.01 yet. (currently at 7.1) I will definately give that a try again after updating.

Quote from thomas_b: “I think you meant it's needed to specifiy a defaut "read element" for each dimension and not for the cube, right?” Yes, that is what I meant, you are right. At that point of time I wasn't already familiar with this feature. Quote from thomas_b: “But after deactivating the zero suppression the view shows the correct data. And now the view is very confusing...” Zero suppression, ok. Sometimes I also experience problems with that feature. Especially when there is a deeper hier…

I think what you can try to understand what actually happens to existing cubes, when updating from jedox 6 to 7, is to also read the knowledge article on the new Flexible Cube Layout. I also updated a few weeks ago. The thing is that for older cubes no value is returned if you do not specify a default 'Read Element' for that cube. Maybe that article may help you.

have you changed the cube layout after creation and you are now trying to come over with the regarding changes for existing functions, right? i think this is why you are using palo.el(), right? you can try to use palo.elall() to choose all existing elements in one dimension. there is also the description for the specific function here let the community know if it helped

Learn to make data meaningful

Pascal456 - - Best Practices

I have found another source for learning the visualization of data. Cairo, A., 2016. The truthful art. Data, charts, and maps for communication. ISBN 9780321934079. Excerpt from the original description (blurb): Quote: “In The Truthful Art, Cairo transforms elementary principles of data and scientific reasoning into tools that you can use in daily life to interpret data sets and extract stories from them. The Truthful Art explains: - The role infographics and data visualization play in our world…

OK. I did not know about those semi-additive aggregations (jedox 6). But in my case it was a little bit different than in the description:- as described, I had to set the option 'Use for semi-additive measure declaration' for the Meaure dimension - different from description, I did not have to define a time dimension with the option 'Use for semi-additive aggregations'. In my case it was the country dimension. This is a solution that is ok for the first moment, but does not make it possible to a…

Hi. I am looking for a way to calculate an avarage of the children of consolidated elements. There are Measures that hold values as percentages. When it comes to consolidation, those values are summed up. This is obviously wrong because then you may get values like 355% for the consolidated elements. To get it more specific: There are for example percentages for AT, CH and DE that are summed up in the parent DACH. How do I get an average for those parent-elements? In addition those averages have…

Yes! Thats seems to be also a valid and smart way to do it. Nice to see that there are many ways. PS: Is there a way to tag a thread as done as a user?

you are right. it is indeed.

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks so far. In the meantime I have found another possibility: I made a new consolidated Measure that holds the original one as a child. By this I was able to avoid the circular reference. Because I can now say "the new (consolidated) measure is equal to the original one but instead of country1 take country2. in all other cases the new measure is just like the old one" ["Measure_new","country1"] = C:["Measure_old","country2"] (no need to define a rule for all othe…

Standard Deviation

Pascal456 - - Rules

I know this is old. But for anyone else who stumbles upon this topic: I give a try to do this during the load of the data. There is the possibility to integrate scipts powered by the programming language R which makes calculation of data quite handy. A standard deviation is rediculously easy with R.

Hi, my problem is the following: I cannot find a way to define a Business Rule that replaces a certain element with another one. Example: When I query the value for US (ISO country code), I would instead like to query US-X I tried to solve that with rules. You may think "why not providing US-X direclty?". It is a Combo Box in a web report that provides the values (via a variable @country). In most of the cases the country that you choose by that combo box is ok. But there is one certain case in …

Transform Denormalization

Pascal456 - - Palo ETL

Quote from p.hildebrandt: “Jedox introduced the "Dynamic Measure Source" for TableDenormalization as of version 7” Ah! OK. Did not know about that. Thanks for the advice. Hope we will change to a newer version very soon.

Pascal456 - - Palo ETL

Actually I did not find a solution, that automatically takes every unique entry in the Normalizer Field as a Measure and therefore building up new columns out of it. Now I solved my original problem (that I did not explain here) through a business rule, so that I do not need this load anymore. If someone comes up with a solution at some point in the future, share it, please!

Pascal456 - - Palo ETL

Hi, I am struggeling with the configuration of a "TableDenormalization Transform" in Jedox Integrator. Actually I am pretty sure that I know what I want to achieve with the TableDenormalization but till now I was not able to figure out the correct configuration for it. I am reading (extracting) a Jedox cube and are using Jedox 6 SR2. Say I have the Table from the manual: img_535be01b1d650.png - What do I have to configure ? - Are there things I have to notice while configuring? - What fields do …

Wow, that are some hints and tips sort of quality I have looked for! Thank you very very much! Quote from Bjoern.: “If you find good papers, please do share. It is always advantegous to get new input.” I will do so!

Hi all! I am looking for some help with some quite general questions. I would like to learn more about Business Intelligence. In special I want to learn more about how one should design reports, so that the data it provides is easily to read and analyse. I did some quick google searches but ended up realizing that I even do not know what I am actually looking for ! So I know the main key words are something like the following:- BI - meaningful data - charts - data analysis - report design But to…

Top / Flop Analysis

Pascal456 - - Best Practices

I know this is an old discussion, but I got here while I was looking for a solution for the same problem. I am currently using Jedox 6, which does not come up with an built in solution (AFAIK). Did you submit a feature request, so that i can support this/vote it up?