Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 45.

Hi Jiri, thank you very much for your answer! I do not use other rules, therefore it must be the first scenario. How could I reduce the area size? At the moment I try to reduce the dimensions of the cube, according to reports I use different cubes (with a different number of dimensions). Thats good for speed - but naturally bad for administration 21 dimensions (some with thousands of items) seems to be to much for jedox (or may be I have to change some configuration - I don't know until now?). r…

Hi, Thank you very much for your reply! For the deviation, I have solved it in a similar way. Rules didn't work (cube not responding after minutes). Therefore I do a cube extract and transform the year in a post cube load (add) job. This solution is okay, but it is not possible for more complex calculation like deviation in percentage. I face the same problem as bevor, I can not understand that rules are usable. A simple rule like [Profit]/[Profit last year]-1 and the report is extremly slow. I …

Rule to calculate value of previous year

outlaw77 - - Rules

Hi, I would like to set up a rule to calculate the value of the previous year. At the moment I use: ['Abweichung'] = [Umsatz','Jahr':offset(0)] -['Umsatz','Jahr':offset(-1)] It seems to work but its to slow and can not be use. Are their better ways to do this? Thank you in advance! Regards, Robert

Top / Flop Analysis

outlaw77 - - Best Practices

Thanks everybody for the responses! It seems to me that there is no easy solution like the top analysis. Additional measure - does not work because I have about 10 measures and it should work on every key fiugre (selected by the user). Rules could be a solution - I have to work more with them bevor deciding if they are an option (I'm alwasy afraid of loosing performance Dfilter (lowest %) is a nice option but a little bit diffent and there fore not a prefered solution. I'll try to do a feature r…

Top / Flop Analysis

outlaw77 - - Best Practices

Hello! Creating a top ten analysis - with a subset ist quite easy, but I could not find a way to do a flop analysis. My article dimension is so large - I am only interessted to analyse the best and the worst. Can anybody give me a hint how to realize that? Thank you in advanced, Robert

thanks for this hint! I'll search this and use it in future! thx, robert

I have just solved the same problem. In my case I tried to load a meassure and in some rows for one dimension was a value that does not exist in the dimension. In Palo ETL - there is a nice warning "XXX not found in Dimension YYYY" in Talend the mentioned "invalid coordinates number of dimensions does not match number of identifiers" error

Thank you both for your messages! The "Inventur" cube is small - about 500 MB on disk, but there are several other cubes running from an ERP System ( Data from 10 Years), all Cubes use about 9 GB on disk. CPU load is low and there is also enough RAM left, therefore I thought maybe it is by design that palo.exe can not adress more then 4 GB ?! Do your installations use more than 4 GB ? Yes it also seems to me like a timeout but I have no explanation for that. Without the other Cubes in the data d…

Hello, Can anybody else verify or decline that there is a 4 GB size limit with the palo.exe. I use palo (CE 3.2) on a 64bit server (W2008, 48 GB), everytime I load the cube with Palo ETL and palo reaches the 4 GB, I get the error: Failed to load Cube Inventur: Palo Server not responding Quote: “2011-08-31 13:28:21,788 INFO : Records loaded to Cube: 1150000 2011-08-31 13:28:23,798 INFO : Records loaded to Cube: 1160000 2011-08-31 13:33:24,897 ERROR : Failed to load Cube Inventur: Palo Server not …

How to sort a dynarange by data

outlaw77 - - Palo Web

In the DynaRange ListEditor: 1) Activate the PageTab: "Data" For every Dimension choos at least one Value. In the measures-dimension choose the key-figure according you would like to sort your countries. 2) Activate the PageTab: Sort Check sorting by Value, check Reverse to reverse the sort. Hope this helps, Robert

Count Elements in Subset

outlaw77 - - Palo for Excel

Thank you very much for this quick answer! I took the first solution with SUBSETSIZE (sorry for not finding it by myself in the documentation), because I can restrict it to base elements. But I am sure I will give the second possibility a try in the near future! Robert

Count Elements in Subset

outlaw77 - - Palo for Excel

hello, is there a way to count base elements in a subset. I have a subset on products (filtered) and I have to get the numbers of products in this subset. I found PALO.ECHILDCOUNT and PALO.ECOUNT but I don't think these are correct for my task. Thank you in advanced! Robert

I think your JRE 32 is in \Program Files (x86)\Java. In my case this caused problems (not with CE 3.1!) I did a fresh install of JRE 32 in i.g. c:\Java\JRE... Then re-installed CE 3.2 and everything works fine! Don't forget to justify JAVA_HOME in the environment settings - bevor the fresh install. Hope this helps! Robert

PS 3.2 CE - Backend unavailable

outlaw77 - - Palo Web

thanks a lot! Quote: “- wether the Apache "Listen ..." port in httpd.conf matches the one defined in httpd/app/etc/config.php ” on the second server IIS was running, I changed to 8081 but not in config.php!

PS 3.2 CE - Backend unavailable

outlaw77 - - Palo Web

Hello, I just replaced the Palo Suite CE 3.1 on two servers. On the first (a Testserver) it didn't work because the JAVA_HOME Path was in "c:\Program Files (86)\" . I think the brackets caused an error at the tomcat startup. I installed Java in c:\Java32 and after a reinstall of the Suite it worked. I did the same on another server, all services run but trying to log in: http://127.0.0.1:8081 I always get: Backend unavailable I have no idea whats wrong - all logs except tomcat.log seem okay! In …

Just as info, is solved this task by using Talend. I extract the values from the cube, do some shares in the costs and then update the cube using tPaloInput_Multi and tPaloOutput_Multi. For performance reason I think its better to take the origin data from the origin datasource and not to extract the data from the cube (at the moment I use tFilterRow to filter all 0/null rows). I'll change that in future! Hope this may be a useful input for someone. Robert

hello! Does anybody use shares in the costs in cost accounting in connection with Palo? In my previous cubes this this was done by pre-systems in this case i would like to do it by Palo. I'm not sure how to solve this task? Rules - setup another cube ? Any suggestions or ideas? Thank you!

Error running Example .NET Client API »

outlaw77 - - SDK

hi irfan, I think in this case a dll is missing in you bin directory! Use Dependency Walker (depends.exe) from MS to find out which! Regards robert

RE: ETL manager - doesn't work

outlaw77 - - General

hy Zvi, Did you set the JAVA_HOME for x32 (I think there is a work around for Tomcat x64 - but standard is x32) Did you install the JDK (and not only Java Runtime!) When you start the tomcat startup.bat in command line - is tomcat running? (there should be a long output in command line) (don't close the command line - it will stop tomcat - its only for testing - bevor re-installing the service) If all this is okay, wait some seconds bevor trying to connect to the ETL in Palo Web (sometimes it ta…

ETL manager - doesn't work

outlaw77 - - General

Hi, Try the following: 1) Excecute \Palo Suite \tomcat\bin\startup.bat in command line and check the result Normally the result ist: JAVA_HOME is missing Set JAVA_HOME (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_24) and test again. Now tomcat should start normally (restart the command line!) 2) Remove & install the Tomcate service again: From command line: \Palo Suite \tomcat\bin\service.bat remove PaloSuiteTomcatService and then: \Palo Suite \tomcat\bin\service.bat install PaloSuiteTomcatService…