Search Results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

Hello, I have a problem with our Palo Database, We have the free community version, but suddenly i get the error message 'licens expired', so i though, maybe i have installed the wrong version, maybe the test version? and remove Palo and install it new, but the error still expire in all existing Palo sheets. I can build new views and connect to the database, but i need to use the old (very complicate) sheets and not only new views. Is there something i can do? Is there something after the deista…

database in another directory

ilianefeder - - General

That seems to work much, much, thanks regards, Karen

database in another directory

ilianefeder - - General

Hello, At the moment i have the Problem, that i have to move the data directory. The old path is: C:\Program Files\Jedox\Palo Suite\palo The new one should be: G:\palo_data_produktiv\data at the same server, I have tried the code from another thread: palo delete_srv palo install_srv G:\palo_data_produktiv\data in the Palo directory, but it has not worked, it still uses the old data directory. I have restart the Palo Service, i can not restart the whole server, (I'm not the admin) Is there anothe…

Changing localhost path

ilianefeder - - Palo OLAP Server

Hello, I have tried that script, but the data directory is still the old one, at the new path, i give: G:\palo_data_produktiv\data or have i to use only: G:\palo_data_produktiv\ for the <new path> The palo server is at C:\Program Files\Jedox ... But it still uses the old path and the old data directory. I have restart the Palo Server, or did i have to restart the whole server? Is there anywhere a ini file where the path is visible? (only that i can control, it before i let restart the whole serv…

Value in Datac-Cell disapear

ilianefeder - - Palo for Excel

At the moment i can not recreate the mistake. Maybe it is an error coused by timing. As i understand, the Palo-Datac Formula writes the value to the database as soon as i enter the value. So the user did not need F9, also if the user wants that the Palo-SetData Functions to calculate their values and the other formulas at the sheet (That is nly once a day, at the end) So i try now, the deactivate the F9 key and let the sheet calculate at the end of the day automatically. Maybe that solves the pr…

Value in Datac-Cell disapear

ilianefeder - - Palo for Excel

Hello, Maybe someone has a hint for me, I have a big input Excel sheet with a lot of PALODATAC Formulas to fill in datas in the Palo database. Normaly it works, very well. But now i have the second time, where i use the F9 key to make a calculation (in the options i choose manual calculation) , the value from the cell is not written to the database an disapaers. The cell has a list. I choose the value from this list and it was shown in the cell. Than i press F9. ..and the cell is emty. Now i try…

Thank for the addion My users have a lot of fantasy to destroy or change my Palo Forumlas and i'm not every day in office. The macro is the "help yourself" solution additional to all other potection best wishes, Karen

Hi, I don't now, if this is the right topic for this. So if not please move it to the right place. I have wrote a macro to reset all Palo Formulas in a sheet. It helps if a user has destroy one or more Palo Formulas in the input aera. The marco also looks for values in the cell and put it to the database. So aslo this get not lost. I paste the macro here, because without the helf from the forum, it whould not exist So thanks to all who have help me or had answer similar topics. Maybe it is usefu…

VB set a Palo Formula for a cell

ilianefeder - - General

It works with FormulaLocal it works: Range("R10").FormulaLocal = "=PALO.DATAC($A$1;$A$2;$A$3;$A$4;$A$5;$A$6;$A10;R$4)" only the value is lost, but i can put it in a variable befor i restet the formula. Karen

ilianefeder - - General

I get the error message: "application defined or object defined error" with unlock there is the same, Karen

ilianefeder - - General

Thanks for your answers, but the version without the "=" has the result, that the Formula is as text and not as formula in the cell. So it does not work. In my fist example the 8 is after testing in the cell and in the database, it just did not work with the fomula as a string. I realy don't understand that, because if i stop the code in the first part, the value of variable strFormula is exactly this: "=PALO.DATAC($A$1;$A$2;$A$3;$A$4;$A$5;$A$6;$A10;R$4)" I can not fill it directly with the same…

ilianefeder - - General

Hello, (sorry, my english is horrible, but i try) I have a code, that runs: Dim strFormula As String With Range("R10") strFormula = .Formula .Select .Value = "8" 'Formel wieder herstellen .Formula = strFormula End With But i need to set the cell to a special formula like: Range("R10").Formula = "=PALO.DATAC($A$1;$A$2;$A$3;$A$4;$A$5;$A$6;$A10;R$4)" And i always get an error. But in the debugger the variable strFormula has the same format. Is there a "trick" to get a special Palo Formula in a cell…

Oh, thank you, know i have my palo server running i will inform about the web, but the important was only the palo server, that the people can use the database. I have changed the entrys in the palo.ini from localhost to the ip of the server and know the Palo Server works. ,best wishes, karen

Thank you for your answer, i have installed Palo Suite 3.1 now, but there is a lot of things we don't need, and i don't find the Palo Server. There is a folder Palo with the palo.exe, but that only show an black Window without the possibillity to insert anythink. I have the new Menue point Palo Suite/ Palo web ... nothing else. From this Menue Point i get an Internet silde wich promt me for a Password and a unsername, but i have no Pw and User, I tried the standard entrys (admin, root, ), but th…

Dear all, I have a problem. We move with our Palo Database to a Standard Server (windows), of course there is no office at the server. As i start the Palo Server installation, i get always the message, that there is no Excell availibe. Is there a chance to install only the Palo Server at a server without an Excell Installation? The Excell Add on is only neccessary at the PC from the Users, we don't need it at the server. thanks advanced for every hint, kind regards Karen