Search Results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

Thanks Peter, but what if the cubes are not identical?

Hi All, I will like to copy the contents of one cube to another and I thought ETL was the best way to do that but it seems that the process takes too long to start and when it does, the system prompts that the server is no longer responding. This basically happens when I am still trying to setup the ETL Extracts and Transforms so I am not even given the opportunity to do the Load and run the ETL process. Can anybody kindly help with useful information on how to move data between cubes. Thanks

Hello kratzer, Excel works perfectly file with Zero Suppression on. I will now try the other steps you mentioned to see if there is any positive feedback. Thanks so much.

Hello Noel, Thanks for your response, if my assumption about Zero suppression is correct then the file should have less data to display with zero suppression on than without it. If I do not select the zero suppression button, the file works just fine with the large data, however, when zero suppression is selected it gives the above mentioned error. Just for information sake, there are only 5 elements below the parent dimension element so I doubt if RAM is the issue in this case. Any other help w…

Please I am still waiting for a response. Thanks

Hi All, I keep getting a ParsingFailedException Error whenever I use Zero Supression on Palo Web. The attached figure shows the error. This error does not happen if Zero Suppression is not selected so I was wondering if someone will help with resolving this error. Thanks

ETL to Extract Cube Data to Text File

iTchuksi - - Palo ETL

Hello there, I want to extract data from a cube for loading into a text file. I am presently having problems using query filter on the extract from the cube. I have 5 filters and all of them work very well except the filter for the SerialNumbers dimension as shown in the attached screenshot. This filter basically limits the extract to a consolidated element and I think that is why it is not working. Does anybody have an idea how we can limit extract to a particular dimension element that is cons…

Hi All, While performing the Import Data using Jedox for Excel, we notice that the performance of the process reduces drastically depending on the number of users performing this action. We have run several reports to check the RAM utilisation during such processes but it shows that very little or no RAM is used. The process is so slow and the RAM utilisation is very low so we were wondering what could be the issue here because for our particular use, a number of users will be importing data fro…

Hi All, I was wondering if someone has experience working with large volumes of Enterprise Rules in a cube? I know the maximum number of enterprise rules in a cube is 2^32 (about 4 billion) but how does 1 million Enterprise Rules affect the performance in a Cube? Cheers

Splashing Using Enterprise

iTchuksi - - Rules

Hello tish1, Thanks for your reply. 1. I will like to splash using a 'like' that is based on values that are maintained in another cube. 2. Can I use use the like splash method within enterprise rules? Cheers

Splashing Using Enterprise

iTchuksi - - Rules

Please how can I splash using enterprise rules?

Hello Kratzer, I did the calculation only on the base level and consolidation was okay, however, the base level calculation was wrong. If this rule applies to base elements alone, I will get the value of -5,895.46 instead of -70,745.48 for the 81NO11031 element for Allocated USD values. I am thinking that PALO.DATA("TUCN", "SKFPlanCube", !'Years', !'Months', "NG7113OPX115X", "NS0095", !'Versions') element of the calculation uses the monthly value of 0.0467 instead of the consolidation for all th…

Hi All, I have this weird error where my consolidated value is smaller than my base values when another dimension in the cube is consolidated. The rule for my cube is given below and the image attachment shows the result of my Paste View ['JONO11019', '81NO11031', 'Allocated USD'] = ['JONO11019', '2010.41', 'Total EQUSD'] * PALO.DATA("TUCN", "FLR", "J.02", "JV Onshore") * PALO.DATA("TUCN", "SKFPlanCube", !'Years', !'Months', "NG7113OPX115X", "NS0095", !'Versions') * -1 If this rule applies to al…

Hi All, Below is an error I got when trying to run a simple application to create connection to Palo using Visual Studio 2008. Unhandled Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Jedox.Palo.Comm, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=df062f138958246e' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Can anybody help me resolve this? I have loaded Jedox.Palo.Comm.dll to my project reference folder, however lib…

Palo for Cost Allocation

iTchuksi - - Palo for Excel

Hi All, First I want to ask if Cubes is the only way to store data in Palo. Secondly, I have a number of steps that are required to be performed for cost allocation. These steps are expected to be run sequentially (one after the other) because the result of the first run affects what will be allocated in subsequent steps. I have tried as much as possible to see if Enterprise rules can help my case but it seems that the enterprise rules are loaded at the same time and there is no way to do a sequ…