Search Results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

James, thank a lot for advice. But if I created a second cube, how does the first (main) cube know that there is a second cube that defines some relations? Won't I need to relate these two cubes somehow? And where exactly should I add 1 or 0?

Thank you for you replies, but I am afraid I side-tracked you with my parenthesis statements. My question was not about naming things. To restate my question: each of the two division types has its own cost items (uniquely named this time). How do I arrange the dimensions or elements in them so that meaningless intersections either don't exist in the cube altogether or at least they are never displayed (so I don't get intersection of a cost item with a division type that doesn't belong to this d…

I have two dimensions (among others): cost items and divisions. Divisions come in two types (peripheral and central). Each division type has its own cost items, but certain cost items' names are shared (meaning that the same name of the cost item may be used in both division types, which doesn't mean that it's one and the same cost - it's the same cost name, but the data will be different). So how do I structure the cube, so it never displays the data items that are meaningless to me, like a cos…