Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 27.

Sourceforge version 1.4 is up!

sentosa - - Palo for Excel

Hi, version1.4 of the plugin is up. I have downloaded and trying it out right now.

I am still stuck

Hi Pete! Need you help. Which jar file did you use? The forum post you pointed to above is only source but not jar. Where to get the latest jar file that worked for you? Sentosa

Version 1.15 on SourceForge?

Hi! I am wondering if the version 1.15 is already uploaded on source forge? I looked at the list of files to download and it still shows version 1.0 from 2008. How do I get the jar for ver 1.15? Sentosa

Hi, I am encountering the same problems as PeteH. I am using... - Kettle 3.1 - KettlePaloPlugin 1.3 (PaloKettle13.jar) - jPalo 2.0 (jpalo-20rc1.jar) When I use dimension output step, it returns the error - error 1016, missing parameter, missing children. Can anyone help... Herman

Kettle Palo Plugin

Hi! I have downloaded Pentaho Data Integration (prev Kettle) version 3.03. I have also installed the Palo Plugin that is found in sourceforge.net/projects/palokettleplug/ I had to download the Jpalo api version 1.5, move jpalo.jar to kettle/libext folder. I have tested it and trying it out. So far the dimension output to Palo works but slow. Anyone else trying it out? Care to share your experiences?

Database corruption issues

sentosa - - General

Hi! I have encountered several instances of strange operation of Palo. In the end it is all related to database corruption. Palo cannot splash on some cells palostyles appear when doing paste view I found it after going through the log files in C:\Program Files\Jedox\Palo\Log. I created 10,000 elements in a dimension and did a paste view. Palo took a long time and I decided to stop it. I halted it through the task manager. I did not realize that it would not save the database so when I started u…

Database corruption

sentosa - - General

Hi! I found the problem. It is a database corruption issue. I had to delete the data directory and do a fresh install. Thank you for bearing with me. Still learning... Herman

Database integrity

sentosa - - General

Hi! I have experienced several times where the database has become corrupted but all dimensions look normal and paste view looks normal. Is there a tool to check database integrity? Herman

Palo cannot splash on some cells

sentosa - - General

Hi! I need help. I am running palo 2.0 on Excel 2002 (XP). I have loaded dimension elements into Palo database. When I past view, and tried to splash at consolidation cells, it does not impact the base cells. This happens only on some cells. I have included the attached screenshots 13-16 for your reference. In screenshot13 - I show the paste view results and the dimension heirarchy in Palo side by side. - Notice also the decimals in element "2 SUPERMARKET" is not the same as the palostyles.xls f…

Stephanie, The palostyles sheet is always there in the palo directory. I encountered this problem only on a particular excel sheet I am using to paste view. When I start with a brand new worksheet with no other sheet running and do it all over again, it is OK. So you are saying that if palostyles.xls is not found, Palo would automatically generate a new palostyles sheet? So Palo did not open the existing palostyles.xls sheet? OK I will keep it in mind when this occurs again. Herman

Hi! I encountered a strange event. After I added elements in the attributes, I paste view and Palo created a new sheet "palostyles". I cannot paste any views even non-attribute type. Attached is the screenshot. The bug report is here... >>>>>> See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A03EC): Style '_page' not found. at System.RuntimeTy…

Hi! Just an update on using Kettle with Palo Add-in. It is buggy! Now I have problems with loading a fact table for a new cube in the same database. Transformation runs but it is not imported into the second cube. I found problems with Kettle for Palo in this link as well... forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=51704 Herman

I found that creating dimensions on excel is good. I use Kettle only for uploading the cube (fact table). I think most of the problems with loading of dimension has to do with the loading sequence of the dimension table. Do the query and select only the aggregates only first. The query should also sort it such that the aggregates are built up properly. Then do another load to attach the members to the bottom of the aggregates.

Hi Stephanie, I have emailed you the zipped database. Did you find the same problem with the database? Herman

Hi! I would like to share my experience with using Kettle on Windows with Palo. Kettle with Palo works!! I have downloaded the Kettle version that is customized with a plugin for Palo. It includes import and export to Palo Cube and includes also Palo Rules. The download address is 3a-strategy.com/public_files/kettle/ I tested Palo on the Foodmart datawarehouse sample. After installation, I tried to import a fact table into a Palo cube using Kettle. I got the following error... 2007/07/07 15:47:2…

Hi, The Foodmart sample is about 27MB. It is a standard BI sample database. I found a link you can download from... acs.senecac.on.ca/ftp/ms/foodmart_2000.mdb Do you want me to upload my cube database? How do I do that? Herman

Hi! I have been having a frustrating problem. I am testing Palo with Foodmart sample from SQL2000 analysis services. I have loaded the location dimension - screen Location Heirarchy attached below When I paste view at the store 3 level - data is okay. When I concolidate at WA level, data does not consolidate. Why? Can anyone help me? Herman

Hi! I encountered problems in following the instructions. I got to the end of the example and got it to work. However... 1. The product groups heirarchy was messed up 2. Values (Revenue) is all zero. 3. Customer groups is messed up. Has anyone completed it successfully? Herman

Hi Ebrahim, I can't read German. I encountered the problem with access rights. Here is what I found out: There are 2 users predefined in PALO... id:user password:pass - normal user rights id:admin password:admin - admin rights The demo for IMP:PALO left out the small detail that you need admin rights to create dimensions. So, when connecting to Palo cube, set userid as admin and password as admin. After that mine worked with no problems. I don't understand your other problem. Herman

Thanks for the tip Marco. This was installed in Basic mode not Advanced mode. I will wait for the update. Herman