Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 29.

Hi everyone, I've created a user who is allowed to edit data in one certain cube. The user must basically input some numbers. These numbers, however, can change - and sometimes the user must reset a number back to 0. Unfortunately, a message 'insufficient rights' always appears when he tries to input 0. This is an excerpt of the assigned rights of the user's role: database=R cubes=R dimension=R dimension element=R cell element=D The user's group can write in the relevant cube (manually set in #_…

D3 and function __exec

MaxMoritz - - Palo Web

One last question: when I edit my external html file, the widget does not update. I refresh the worksheet, tried the user mode, but the widget seems to use the former code. EDIT: okay I have fixed it, if I enter a value in the source area of the widget, then the exec() function is obviously triggered and the widget is updated.

D3 and function __exec

MaxMoritz - - Palo Web

Hi Noel, thank you for the thorough explanation. I followed your advise with the folder structure (as mentioned earlier in post#9). I created an external html file in the ui folder and used it as the widget's source. Thank you again for your great help. Best regards Max

D3 and function __exec

MaxMoritz - - Palo Web

Hi Noel, I installed 'Jedox for Excel' and the 'Sandbox' on the client machines. All clients connect to the same server, on which I also developed the web frontend with the d3 sheets. Thank you for your advise with the d3 folder on the local client machines, but I'd rather avoid any additional work for the clients. I just can't figure out why the clients can connect to the reports and files on the server, but cannot refer to the d3 lib file which is also on the server. Right now I think I'll try…

D3 and function __exec

MaxMoritz - - Palo Web

Hi Noel, I also thought there could be some problem with the internet connection, but I can goto the address using a client's internet browser. My desired solution: - the d3 lib is stored locally on my server - the d3 widgets that the clients use on their machines should reference this lib file (using the file's link as shown in the file manager). That does not seem to work, even though there is definitely an active connection between server and clients. I cannot ask the clients to save the d3 l…

D3 and function __exec

MaxMoritz - - Palo Web

Hi Noel, I have restructured my code so that all chart rendering functions are triggered by the __exec function. It now works fine on my local machine but I still have some trouble getting it to run on a server client system. The d3 library is stored on the server and the widgets using those d3 charts use the correct link to the d3.v3.min.js file (the correct ip address is shown). Nevertheless nothing is displayed I have also tried using the path <script src="http://d3js.org/d3.v3.min.js"></scri…

D3 and function __exec

MaxMoritz - - Palo Web

Hi everyone, I'm using the Jedox 4.0 and the d3 library to visualize data. It works but now I would like to get the data directly from the worksheet using function __exec(params). Somehow it does not work anymore, it seems to me that I cannot use the exec function when the script's source is a d3 library. Here is an example where the exec function works. In the commented tag you see alternative script tag linked to the d3 library. When I use the d3 library nothing seems to happen so I guess the …

Combobox with default selection

MaxMoritz - - Palo Web

Thank you for the quick solution!

Hi Noel, thank you for the additional information.

Combobox with default selection

MaxMoritz - - Palo Web

Ok, so here's another question I have a combobox with a subset as source. The combobox always shows the first element of the subset's result as default value. Is it possible to set another element as default element? Cheers

Ok nevermind, i had to redefine the widget's source.

Hi everyone, I am currently trying the Javascript example from the Jedox Web tutorial, where they explain how to read values from a worksheet, see example code below HTML Source Code (24 lines) I entered some strings into my worksheet in A1, A2, B1, B2 but nothing is displayed on the widget except for "Source data: Data goes here". Am I missing something? Cheers

Hi Noel, thanks for your reply. I'll think about your advice and decide what would be the best solution. Cheers

Hi everyone, I have a little tricky problem. I have a cube with a dimension that contains data which belongs to a certain month. Additionally this data might have different version. I'll just show you how the relevant dimension's elements' names look like: Source Code (12 lines) In Jedox Web i created a combobox, where the user can select one of these dimension elements. If the user selects V1_2012_04 for example, I automatically generate queries from 2012_01 to 2012_04 like: Palo.Data(Server/db…

Mean and Trimmed mean

MaxMoritz - - Palo for Excel

Hi everyone, is there anything like the Excel mean or trimmean functions for Jedox? Cheers

Get User name

MaxMoritz - - Palo Web

Hi Noel, thanks for the advice. I'll just gave the role read access to Rights. Seems to be a convenient solution Best regards Max

Full name - role rights

MaxMoritz - - Palo Web

One more question: With my role's assigned rights (see attached screenshot) I am not able to see the full name. What do I need to adjust?

Get User name

MaxMoritz - - Palo Web

Perfect, thanks!

Get User name

MaxMoritz - - Palo Web

Hi everyone, I'm using the function =CURRENTUSER() to display the logged-on user in a Jedox Web report. The function, however, just shows the User-name - is there an alternative way to show the Full-name instead? Thanks in advance Regards

DynaRange with system cubes

MaxMoritz - - Palo Web

Hi Noel, thanks, that's a perfect solution!