Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 32.

If "Illegal Path" then Null or 0.

Silba - - Rules

to be honest, i didn't read about it - i found it in the rule editor, which is available in version 2.5

If "Illegal Path" then Null or 0.

Silba - - Rules

hi, i had this problem, too. solution: rule with iserror() and palo.esibling to check, if element is in cube2 example: if(ISERROR(PALO.ESIBLING("database","cube2",!'dim1',0)),<continue() / stet() or 0>,<your rule>)

RE: PALO 2.5 migration

Silba - - General

hi volker, migrating to 2.5 caused some problems with values with me, too. with me the reason was that 2.0 ignored some errors in enterprise rules and simply continued with the next element (for example if you try to access values from elements, that do not exist -> eprev used at all elements -> first element causes an error as there is no previous element)

problem updated value

Silba - - Rules

seems to work now thank you very much again!

problem updated value

Silba - - Rules

ok, it works now with localhost. but where do i have to change the settings for the server?

problem updated value

Silba - - Rules

hi holger! thanks for your reply. i chose the client cache for non-enterprise-rule cubes before. i tried all of the 3 options but none of the cache settings worked (i restarted palo service and excel after changing the settings, too)

problem updated value

Silba - - Rules

hi all! i've been spending hours to find out, what is wrong with my rule or cube or palo, but didn't find out it is just a simple enterprise rule: get value of one single datafield of another cube into all 'AF' of this cube: ['AF'] = PALO.DATA("RuleActualForecast","Test","M","Text") after entering the rule the correct value appears. but if i change this value in "RuleActualForecast" it is not updated even recalculation doesn't help! only after entering a value in the target cube or after re-ente…

hm, what i tried once is to change the sheet and return again. but now i'm not sure if the values were recalculated then...

hello rapid, if i understood your problem right, you only need the values of the database in the macro, don't you? -> then you might use the palo classmodule posted in thread forum.palo.net/thread.php?threadid=716 with this module you can work with palo-formulas in your macros. or you simply try re-calculating the workbook if you like the updated values in the workbook

thanks, that would be great

hi holger, thanks for your quick answer. ok, that's what i understand, too. to explain the problem, i'll take your screenshot in the beginning i had element acc1 and instead of comment the name of acc1 as text "costs" and no consolidated elements in acc1. then i create elements acc2, acc3 and acc4 and consolidate it to acc1. what then happens is, that the comment- or in my case the name-value "costs" of acc1 is deleted of the attribute cube... for numeric attribute-values it might be a good thin…

hi all, today i wanted to consolidate elements to another element, which formerly was no consolidated item. there were attribute values for this element before adding others. but after the consolidation, the attribute-values of the (now) consolidated element are gone?! there are only text-attributes. i think there's no sense to delete those values, but correct me if i'm wrong... i understand, that numeric values in attribute cubes can be calculated due to the new consolidation, but why are text …

If / And

Silba - - Rules

is AND / OR possible now in version 2.5? perhaps it's too late today, but i didn't find out bye

Connecting to Palo Server Error

Silba - - General

hi dano, i think the problem is username and password: you need username and password of a user-entry in palo (try to log in with default settings for admin which are username: admin and password: admin)

All about VBA and PALO

Silba - - Best Practices

hi christian, i migrated to palo 2.5 some weeks ago and didn't have problems with the "old" vba-code up till now. (but i have to say that i don't use all of the cpalo-functions) which of the functions did you use?

different dimensions, same elementnames

Silba - - Rules

sorry for bothering, after rebooting the problem is somehow solved. i don't know what was wrong, but now it works again #### edit: #### hm, now it doesn't work again... even after rebooting... perhaps it was a bit premature to be happy

Silba - - Rules

hi all, now that the rule works in palo 2.0 it doesn't seem to work in palo 2.5 anymore??? there are only value errors in the target cube. i attached screenshots (values from rules should show up at the right edge of the table "Ist"): - target cube before entering the rule in the editor - source cube with entered values - entered rule in the editor (there is no error message) (- after one calculation the values are still like the data before entering the rule) - target table after the second (!)…

Silba - - Rules

hi michel! thanks a lot for the solution. it works great!

Silba - - Rules

hi enno, thanks for your reply. i only use those values to be shown in a column "actual". hmmm, as i read your reply, i think i found a solution: i might reference the column "actual" to cube c, so then i wouldn't even have to create a rule i only have to calculate the consolidations in that view

Silba - - Rules

hi all, i tried to create a rule for getting values into some cubes from another one. cube a includes some accounts: 1, 2 (dimensions: "bankaccounts", "months", "case") cube b includes some accounts: 3, 4 (dimensions: "customeraccounts", "months", "case") ... cube c includes all possible accounts 1, 2, 3, 4 (dimensions: "allaccounts", "months") the only thing i need is a rule to get values from cube c into the corresponding accounts of cube a or b (target-case would be "actual") by using a busin…