Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 31.

RE: Access denied

apohl - - General

Hi tomluna, You checked with the wrong port, probably you tried to access port 7777 I assume? 7777 is for communicating with the server based on palo http requests, like from Excel. You should use 7779 or whatsover port you have setup before. You should check your palo.ini file for these entries: http "0.0.0.0" 7777 admin "0.0.0.0" 7779 template-directory "C:\Program Files\Palo\Api" If you are using the server locally, just use the ip address of localhost 127.0.0.1! Pls. check, the api folder is…

RE: Nobody any idea?

apohl - - General

Hi Dominik, It should be a well known issue, because even with your colleagues on the CeBIT booth we ran in this issue and they nodded, oh yes, we run also in the past in this ... They didn't know, how to address this issue, but ... So the behaviour, as described by Lars is for me common sense - even with this behaviour with one sheet it worked fine and within in an other the palo function was overwritten oder other functions were deleted (from the palo addin working in the background). And beli…

hi samtek, Did you setup a connection? Did you try the test botton? If the test is successful, the rest should work. Pls. use the latest version from mybiq.com! Also the other versions work there were since than many bugs fixed and missing features added. Frankly said I have no clue, how others ever could use the originla version! Cheers, Alexander

RE: Palo Import using Kettle

apohl - - Palo for Excel

Hi Karsten, there are two implementations of the Palo Kettle Plugin. We did with Kettle 2.3 an implementation based on a Batch Rule Engine with Java Script. You can download it from 3a-strategy.com. This implementatoin compares the content of the dimensions and adds the elements where required. You can use the BRE for anything beside this, like defining rules or currency recalcs or process rules or whatsoever! But you must be able to script your rules and imports .... Based on this implementatio…

Kettle Palo Plugin

apohl - - Palo for Excel

Hi Samtek, probably you have done sth wrong, it's not really a question of the versions used, beside you must use PDI 3 upwards ... But as I pointed out earlier, use the older jpalo API, not the actual one from tensegrity's website. We didn't yet find the bug, which is slowing down the performance on SOME pc's - but not on all ... If you download the jpalo and palokettle library and locate them in libext you are ready to go! What are your config settings, how is your palo.ini looking like? Do yo…

RE: Many measures in a Palo Cube

apohl - - General

Hi Arnaud, What do you wish to achieve? From my understanding, of what you try, you should add one measure after the other - could be even more than two, but in sequence. Every measure would be an additional element within a new dimension like type. I hope this helps you ... Cheers, Alexander

RE: Nobody any idea?

apohl - - General

Cuboo, At least from my experience: This is an old issue and in my understanding it's a memory or application problem: 1.) There could be a conflict with other plugins. Do you have any addt. Excel Plugins? Remove them, just as outlined in Palo's documentation. Start with a clean new Excel setup! 2.) Try to restart Excel (also no task should run with Excel in the background) or even to reboot your PC. If your PC has enough RAM, it should work afterwards as you would expect! My recommendation: Don…

Hi Samtek, which palo kettle plugin are you using? After starting PDI, what do you see unter objects - do you see the tree for Palo? From your last poste i'm not sure, you arranged this in the meantime. Just one remark: More details pls.! If so, how did you setup your transformation, server connection, palo server is online and listening and so on .. - perhaps you send your ktr file by mail! Cheers, alexander

tools for automatic data load

apohl - - Palo for Excel

Hi Pradnya, Pentaho is from our past experience great for automatic data loads. There is a scheduler embedded, which works independent of the underlying OS. Talend is also great, but the Palo interface is not as good tested as it is with Pentaho. IMP is not a bad choice either, but it is not as comfortable, feature rich and bullet proof as the products from Talend and Pentaho. The ETL Server is also free of costs, but it is still a long way to get an environment as we are used to by commercial E…

RE: The #NV entry in Excel

apohl - - General

Hi Peter, Holger knows what he is taking about, he is an old palo verdict ... But I never run in your issue since I use Palo before, so I'm not sure, there was such an issue with older versions (but I didn't test all versions, just from time to time we update to a new version, if this was tested from our folks internally!). If the version is is not the root cuase I would expect, this is a RAM issue: You should have at least 1 GB of RAM and in specific you should have 1/3 of free RAM. Otherwise i…

Hi Holger, the records per second you mentioned were in comparison to other tools (from commercial vendors) we used before reasonable fast. For the purpose we used kettle, this was fast enough, we didn't have to import/load more than 3 Mio. records per night, the biggest volume we transferred was sth like 300 Mio. That took one night only and the bottleneck for this was the legacy system, not Kettle, therefor we were never forced to tweak or cluster Kettle for this purpose. But I'm sure, there i…

import of float

apohl - - Palo for Excel

Hi Seb - astiane?! We run in the past very often in this kind of issue, using Excel. Therefor we decided to use an importer like Kettle/Pentaho or Talend. Here we are in control, what is going on and the formats can explicitly defined within the transformation. To design such a transformation for text/csv files is very easy, just a few clicks! On the first view, the Excel Import seems to be the easiest, but with this uncertainty, we opted for this alternative. I hope this helps! Cheers, Alexande…

Hi Holger, In the past we implemented the old version of kettle. With the new PDI v3 we didn't bulk load big chunk of data so far. So my question would be, what version have you implemented? There was only one concern from Chiovanni, who loaded 60000 elements, but he didn't run in a PDI issue, but in a Palo issue: Because the cube is loaded online and the memory has to allocated according to the new mass of cells, the creation of the elements gots slower and slower - at the end awful slow. Cheer…

Hi folks, we have a new implementation of the palokettle plugin provided. Feel free to use it, it's for free and PDI's new version is even more flexible than ever. You can cluster your etl transformations and trigger them remotely, by scheduler or by events, like an existing file or table. Beside Talend, PDI is a world class Extract Transform Loading Tool, supporting all kind of data sources and plugins. Because it's open source, you can download it from sourceforge or: mybiq.com/public-files En…

Hi Steve, From what I got from your poste: Yes I think you are moving in the right direction with Palo. The WSS doesn't help to get rid of complexity, it is just moving your existing excel sheet to the Internet. This can be a great deal, but it's not helping for getting fixed a complex environment, it uses the excel formulas you used in the past! Whereas Palo is an Excel data and formula server. You can store all figures from your existing worksheets on the server, plus, if you wish, your formul…

Hi Rainer, the idea behind an OLAP cube is rather straight forward: All calculations are done in-memory. So you don't have to care about running the calculation out of the cube to get the calculations without any performance constraint. So the model should include your aggregations as you listed them already in your thread. It makes also from the point of view of architecture more sense to aggregate within the cube, even based on the embedded rules, because based on this, everybody has the same …

Hi BU, without coding, just designing your imports and transformations within a GUI, that's easily done with Kettle, now branded as PDI. You can download it for free, it's real Open Source from: downloads.sourceforge.net/pent…e=1215613727&big_mirror=0 There is a palo plugin, which you can download from our website at: mybiq.com/public-files/ The documentation for PDI is very helpful, there should be everything listed you require to automate, transform and map your data from all kind of files and…

ETL with GUI

apohl - - Palo for Excel

Try Kettle / Pentaho Data Integration! Very easy to understand, no coding required, phantastic GUI for designing transformations and rock solid for all kind of transformations, whether text files, excel files or any kind of DBMS. We had implemented a palo plugin and now moved to the new 3 release, you can download it from mybiq.com. We also tried Talend Open Studio and IMP, but from the point of view of licensing and feature set Pentaho is the leader. Cheers, Alexander

connection test button works

apohl - - Palo for Excel

... in the meantime we fixed also this bug and text/strings can be imported/written to palo cubes, like attribute cubes or status etc.. Pls. download the latest version from mybiq.com/public-files/. But there is still an issue with open connections, lazy conversion, the new jpalo library. Fixes will be provided depending on our requirements within projects. Now this published jar file works fine.

RE: Kettle Palo Plugin

apohl - - Palo for Excel

Hi folks, good news: We have added some features, like using attribute dimensions and cubes. In addition we have fixed some bugs, like hardcoded switches within the source code. There is still an issue about the underlying jpalo library, seems the newer versions don't work properly with the palokettle plugin. From our tests we found the jpalo of April works best, the newer ones have HUGE performance issues and sometimes the process starves because the stream is not fast enough pulling in. I encl…