Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 31.

Palo on data from CRM-Systems

Jeanette - - General

Thanks again realquo for your helpful and prompt reply. All the best J.

Jeanette - - General

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply, realquo. So I would import only that data that is different compared to the last import, i.e. that has changed in the CRM-System since the last import. It seems you were doing that already. Which ETL were / are you using and how? Regards J.

Jeanette - - General

Hello, would anybody share experiences on the use of Palo on CRM-Systems? As I understand there is one major difference to the generic use of Palo in finance: while data for previous months doesn't change and such doesn't need to be importet over and over again, all data from an CRM needs to be importet before any use. Any advice? Cheers, J.

2 synchronized DB

Jeanette - - General

Thank you so much for your prompt reply Holger. I did as advised: - stop palo service on your laptop (Right-klick on the icon of palo manager, choosing "Beenden des Palo Dienstes") - copy db directory to palo data directory of laptop (Copied the whole folder into Jedox-Palo-data) - start palo service on laptop (Started palo manager from the start-menue) But I cannot see the DB in modeller. The DB is neither listed in palo.csv. Any idea? Regards J.

2 synchronized DB

Jeanette - - General

Thanks for your reply Holger. I'm afraid my problem starts even a bit earlier. I have a Palo-DB (whole folder from another computer) - which I would like to use on my Laptop. Is there a way to make this work? Regards J.

2 synchronized DB

Jeanette - - General

Thanks a lot Holger and Phil_Ro for your prompt reply. At first I had about the same ideas as Phil_Ro (would be pretty fine!), but after copying the folder, Palo didn't recognize the DB anymore on the destination computer. I didn't know if the whole approach is not working, or if I just made a minor mistake. Holger, could you please tell something more about the need to check all the structure of the DB? Thanks J.

2 synchronized DB

Jeanette - - General

Hello, given: - The same DB on two seperate computers (e.g. Laptop, Server). Palo is running (independently) on both computers. - One DB is continuously updated. Objective: - Subsequently to the update the data of the updated DB should be transferred into the other DB (computer) such that both DB (and Palos) are running on the same updated data. How can this be ensured? Regards, J.

DB recovery

Jeanette - - General

Hello, had a problem with a DB and copied the backup into Palo's "data" folder. The name is correctly entered in palo.csv. However, Palo doesn't recognize the DB in Modeller. Any idea? Regards, J.

Palo Ressources

Jeanette - - General

Looking for additional information about Palo I came across wssdemo.lobs.jedox.net but have no idea how to register. Is this for Enterprise Version users only? Does anybody have a list about the available ressources (besides what can be accessed via MyPalo)? Regards J.

How much data can Palo handle?

Jeanette - - General

Jimmy, thank you so much for your comprehensive reply (that also mad me hungry .. some more work, then sports, but afterwards: chicken it is!). Your application sounds like pretty much data to me - could you let me have an idea about the volume of data you retrieve and work on per month? Maybe you also have a look at my initial example - could e.g. 10.000 elements be handled? Can you recommend a whitepaper or so which informs about how best to deal with structured cubes when handling a lot of da…

Jeanette - - General

Thanks Xpression for your comprehensive reply! Frankly: I'm still working myself into Palo and wasn't aware that the 64bit-version costs money (any hint about how much?). Very good to know that here the ressources are just limited by RAM (really?). Entering data into Palo: I don't know yet. By now the requirements don't include these features, but I imagine, that with further use they will most likely come up. I understand that "only" the currently loaded cube counts when it comes to the limitat…

Jeanette - - General

Hi, as both an increasing fan of Palo and a newbie I am getting deeper into Palo while evaluating the environment. A question regarding the amount of data Palo can handle. I understand that this depends on quite some variables but it would be great if you could let me have some rough ideas. There is much talk about preferring rolap to molap when there is a lot of data. But what is much data? Can you let me have some information that provides clues about which data volume still suits Palo? E.g. g…

attributes in add view

Jeanette - - General

Hello, how can I add attributes to elements via "add view"? When a view is added to a spreadsheet the elements are in the first column, the data starts in the second column. I would like to have the elements displayed in the first column, the attribut in the 2nd column and the data starting in the 3rd column. Any idea? Regards J.

Commercial applications

Jeanette - - General

Hi Markus, a question regarding commercial applications that base on Palo. When I got your post from 03-30-2009 and other information right, - An application which is built on Palo may be sold without prior agreement of or notice to Jedox - the customer would purchase this application and would download / use Palo as open source. - SaaS would require enterprise version in case the application would be hostet by Jedox (question: would the buyer also need to have enterprise licenses?) - Any other …

"Verlorene" Datenbank

Jeanette - - General

Thanks for your reply, Michel. I already checked this matter. As I remember, I had 7777 before and currently have LOCALHOST / 127.0.0.1:7777. Such nothing should have changed (?). I also installed Palo BI Suite Community (yes, I decided to dig deeper). Nevertheless, some of the DB I created before, can still be managed - just one DB is "lost".

"Verlorene" Datenbank

Jeanette - - General

Thanks axi for your repy. I'm afraid this is not the cause, as the "lost" DB is not listed in neither of the menues (modeller, add element, add function, ...) what includes add new view. How telling Palo that there is a DB?

"Verlorene" Datenbank

Jeanette - - General

Hallo, nach dem Upgrade auf Palo Addin Server 3.0.1 kann ich bis auf eine Ausnahme auf alle zuvor angelegten Datenbanken zugreifen. Folglich zeigen alle meine Excel-/Palo-Arbeitsdateien für diese Datei in allen Feldern "Wert" an. Unter dem Folder "data" ist diese "verlorene" Datenbank jedoch noch vorhanden und unverändert (zumindest aufgrund eines Vergleichs mit dem Backup). Testweise versuchte ich, eine neue Datenbank mit dem gleichen Namen anzulegen, was jedoch mit der Meldung abgelehnt wird, …

String - DB

Jeanette - - General

Liking Palo increasingly more I am trying to (ab)use Palo for the analysis of a survey that has mostly string-elements: there are preset string-elements as well as open comments (also string) as valuations (numbers). So I set up a new DB with these dimensions and created a cube. When I try to import data or create a view the DB shows up - but not the cube. I tried to solve this without any success and meanwhile I am not aware if I forgot some basic knowledge or if I have to use some advanced set…

So many elements, so many questions

Jeanette - - General

Was some days off and couldn't reply. Virtual cubes are a great tip! Thank you.

DB and Cubes

Jeanette - - General

After obtaining a good impression about when to use cubes and when "dummies" as elements (Thanks to you guys!) I am wondering when to set up a new DB. Is there a reason (e.g. performance) to use a new DB for a new subject that is only slightly connected to the subjects in an existing DB? In other words: sometimes I add dimensions and cubes in a DB that (with only some more effort like 2 or 3 additional imports) I could also set up in a new DB. Is there some rule in your experience? Regards J.