Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 22.

Demo data in Palo

Drachenlady82 - - Palo for Excel

I have MS Virtual PC on my laptop. On my Virtual PC I'm running a SQL-Database for a crm-software. Might it be that the palo server is using this database (but I've nothing imported into Palo)?

Demo data in Palo

Hello, a colleague and I installed Palo today. Just installed and did nothing else. Both started Palo over the ExcelAddIn. Surprisely I have two databases (called Demo and Biker). The colleague has no database in Palo. I thought Palo has regular the demo database from the start and no dataimport is necassary. Does anybody know the reason?

RE: Error 37 and 29

Well, I don´t know how but it´s working now. I tried 'formula guessing' and now I got the right value back...

Error 37 and 29

Hello. I have a problem with the Palo.Datac-formula. The formula brings me the error 37. From my other cubes I get the value back with the palo.datac-formula. Well, when I try Palo.Data Palo brings me the error 29. I checked my Data Entry and there I put a value in the dimensiones which I picked. I hope someone can help me. Nice greetings. Sonja

Formula Error

Drachenlady82 - - General

Quote: “Originally posted by Drachenlady82 Hello, I have the same problem. Today I installed Palo 1.5 on my XP Pro and using Excel 2003. DATAC don´t show the value (in Palo 1.0c DATAC returned the values). But when I change the formula into DATA I got the value. I hope someone can help me. Greetings from Stuttgart” Well, I don´t know why but Palo seemed to healed itself. I´ve done nothing special and the DATAC formula is working again.

Formula Error

Hello, I have the same problem. Today I installed Palo 1.5 on my XP Pro and using Excel 2003. DATAC don´t show the value (in Palo 1.0c DATAC returned the values). But when I change the formula into DATA I got the value. I hope someone can help me. Greetings from Stuttgart

Thanks it worked. I just had to restart Palo and now I found all databases. Greetings from Stuttgart

Quote: “Originally posted by Stephanie Hi Drachenlady82, Palo 1.0 databases get automatically converted by Palo 1.5. Could you please post or send the PaloServer.log? Regards, Stephanie” Well, the PaloServer.log says nothing special: 'worker executable worker arguments registered system database 'System' registered database 'Demo' ' So Palo never registered my old databases. Is it maybe because I cut it out from the Jedox directory and copied it into the data file after installing Palo 1.5?

I installed Palo 1.5 and copyied my databases from Palo 1.0 to the data folder. But when I opened the Palo Excel-Add-In the programm couldn´t find my old databases. I´ve seen that the databases from Palo 1.5 are now different files (.csv). Is there a way that Palo 1.5 find these databases?

Yes, that would be a good idea or you offer the evaluation guide in different languages...

Printing (German Question)

Und wenn du die Dimensionen Jahr und Monat zusammenlegst? z.B. Jan2002, Jan2003,... Dann könntest du alle Elemente der Dimension auf einmal anzeigen und müßtest nichts mit VBA programmieren...

Hi, I´ve found my fault! My fault was I´ve wrote in the splash 'FALSE' but I had to write the German word 'FALSCH'. Now it´s working

I´m using "Acutal" from Database like in the evaluation guide from Palo. I checked all elements and saw that I never use an aggregated cell. My idea: Maybe someone has tried the example 'Importing Data from external Excel Sheet' from the palo evaluation guide and had no problems with the formula. Maybe the someone would be so kind and send me the excel-file per e-mail so I could check the formula.

RE: Palo Tutorial

Or the Palo book in German will arrive in 1 1/2 weeks. Here´s the link for palo-book ordering: palo.net/index.php?show=10

RE: Palo Tutorial

Go to Downloads on the Palo mainpage there is the 'palo evalution guide' in pdf. Here is the link: palo.net/index.php?show=3

What do you mean with 'base element'. An Element of the Cube-coordinates from the top? I´m using the palo 1.0b_2606 version. Is it possible that I have to upgrade my palo to be able to import from an excel-sheet?

To adjust? Well, I looked at the formulara and the cells are all correct. Like in the palo.pdf I´ve put a splash. Here´s what I´ve done: =PALO.DATA($B$1;$B$2;$B18;$B$4;C$17;$B$5;$B$3;$B$6) and changed it: =PALO.SETDATA(C9;FALSE;$B$1;$B$2;$B18;$B$4;C$17;$B$5;$B$3;$B$6) like in the palo.pdf file on page 39. But the cell says after the change value is wrong...

Hello, I tried the example 'Importing Data from external Excel Sheet' from the Palo1.0.pdf The first steps went good. I take the same row and cells like in the example. But when I try to change the Palo formulare "Palo.Data" into "Palo.Setdata", Palo gives me a fault. The cell says the value is wrong. Has someone an idea what I´ve done wrong?

Quote: “Originally posted by v_malicevic Hi! Can you check following: go to Excel’s about box (Help/About Microsoft Excel), then click on „Disabled Items…” button … What do you see in there?” I found the Palo-Excel Addin there! I activated it and now Palo is working again! Thank you very much! Nice greetings from Stuttgart, Sonja

I don´t have an entry like that. Just "Jedox.Palo.XlAddin.dll" or "Jedox.Palo.XlAddin.ressources.dll". Do you mean one of them?