Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 28.

Drillthrough Column Width

DataPhi - - Palo Web

Hi laloune! Thanks for the hint! I will try it out soon and report back. much appreciated, DataPhi

Drillthrough Column Width

DataPhi - - Palo Web

Hi! It's me again, with another Drillthrough related problem. This time regarding the width of the columns generated in the web. All Columns are generated with the width 100px except the #Value (actually the most important one) which is allways generated with 40px. Here is the offending part of the site: Source Code (4 lines) Is there a way to manipulate the relating stylesheet to set the width to auto? Or at least to have all columns the same width? best regards!

Hi laloune, thank you for the suggestion, that's entire possible. Actually it doesn't matter if we change the Select or the result. thank you! PS: I will report back with my findings

Hi there! I have another interesting question which we happened to stumble upon. Is it possible to modify the sql select, sent to the Database storing the Drillthrough Data? What we need is the ability to alter the columns names which is pretty basic in SQL. I read the "sep.inc.drill_through_etl.php" and studied the OnDrillThrough Event which handles the call. What I have learnt is that the sql request itself is written by the server using the $names object in this call: Source Code (1 line) I w…

Regular user (Load to Cube) slow

DataPhi - - Palo ETL

Hello everybody,Quote from jjunek: “Hi DataPhi, sure there is a authorization for non-admin users that can slow it down. More complex the right restrictions are longer it takes. You can try to make your etl user member of admin group. Jiri”as of yet, there were no restrictions to dimensions at all for this user, what i gather from this is, use the admin for the etl jobs. If the difference were some few minutes I would prefer the security over the performance but 5 Minutes compared to 21 per job …

DataPhi - - Palo ETL

Might there be checks for nonadmin users each time, wether or not the user/group is authorized to write to the cube? If there really is no solution we'll have to revert back to the admin user for the etl jobs.

DataPhi - - Palo ETL

Maybe i made a mistake with the role? That's really the only thing where i see a difference. forum.jedox.com/index.php/Atta…4df5ff31cdb0f4673f32bdf79

DataPhi - - Palo ETL

Hi there, initially we had the admin user in the etl connection to jedox. Since we all know that having admin user do batch jobs is bad, I changed this to a user only for etl Stuff (new user). Now the peculiar thing is that with the admin user the load of 100k lines into the cube looks like this: Source Code (4 lines) and the same thing with the "ETL user" Source Code (4 lines) looking at the time tag it's 3 seconds for the admin and 40 to 45 seconds for the non admin user. Maybe someone can chi…

DefaultRights N

DataPhi - - Best Practices

Hi again Quote: “ imho the change in DefaultRight depends from the structure of your database. For instance if you have only one dimension that is rather stable then you can use D and limit it using N/D on the groups accordingly. ” We have 2 Dimensions that get filled and updated with data out of our erp system. The problem I have is, if by accident or whatever the reason, one element looses its consolidation, this element also looses its heredited rights. If there is a way to just set the defau…

DefaultRights N

DataPhi - - Best Practices

Hi there, I am thinking about changing the DefaultRight from D to N, the reason being if new elements are created we do not want them to be automatically open for R/W/D. Also, since many users are going to be able to see their respective department values we want to prohibit easy access to unrelated numbers for these accounts without having to set every element to N. We do know that going through Numbers is the whole idea behind a BI tool, but not all numbers are meant to be seen and interpreted…

This is me overthinking now and then. I simply created an ETL Job that fills email and fullname of the #_USERS_ that match the DOMAIN\Users with values from the LDAP way easier and it's not going to trigger each time someone connects. Let's see how and when i am going to let this run periodically. Thank you for pointing ETL out to me

thank you for the help

way easier, it switched the formula for me on the localization change it seems to me that the separator in the {} brackets should be the same as all other parameter separators in the formula {"=";"R"} is working perfectly now! there is no way to have OR logic in this am I right? should I change the Title of this thread to solved?

ok something is off with the locale settings I changed to en_GB and it wouldn't accept the dot either, so i replaced it with the semikolon now it's working oh and the parameter separator is the comma in this language so what i have to do now is, find out which separator it is for the german localization

it's de_AT but there should be no difference to the decimal and the thousands separator i'll try to change the locale to en_EN for Excel what separators are you using?

good to know that the idea how to solve this was correct The thing is, {"="."R"} produces an error at "."R" and the functionedtior tells me that {"="."R"} is invalid for operations Oh and option 6 for the Celloperator is not described in the functioneditor as well (maybe 7 should be 6?)

First of all, thank you for your help! Right now I'm stuck with the DFilter: SQL-Query (1 line) The subcube should return all Elements for the coordinate "Group" which fulfill the criteria = R (Read access). As soon as i enter it into the Subset, it goes completely empty. No cell error, just empty! SQL-Query (1 line) Is the aproach wrong if I want the elements which contain "R" for "Group" of the dimension "Version" ?

So, what you are telling me is we can use the Jedox functions in the Text Filter part of the Subset? That would be great for more uses than just this problem! And 'in the subset editor no' means we have to write the subset manually into the sheet, correct?

hello again laloune I am using the OnWindowsUserAuthorize Event of the SEPEventHandler. Theres not much to the changes I made, since I do not wan't to create an ldap group and join the user each time we create a new one, I simply return the Domain\Username as group instead of the wingroups. How to retrieve the Information might be the easier part here, maybe you could point me in the right direction on the "write to the cube" side? Also I am considering to do this each time they authenticate sin…

Hi there, did anybody find a way to activate the system-dimensions in the subset-editor? We'd like to use them for user-specific dimension filters. for example, only show those elements where user(group) XY has the right to Write or Delete. best regards, DataPhi edit: sorry for the german title