Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

Hi, Report-Manager and Olap-Manager are not part of the Open-Source-Version. They are only part of the Professional Version. See jedox homepage. Hope that helps, Gerald

Palo Suite 3.1

geggop - - General

Hello, I just installed Palo Suite 3.1 community edition and can't find the Report-Manager and the Olap-Manager anymore. Is there a difference between community and enterprise version now? Has anybody made the same experience? Gerald

RE: Palo Suite no input of values

geggop - - General

I've been testing a little more and found out, that everything works well if the environment language in options is set to English. If I change this setting to German (Deutsch), then logout and logon again, I can't change the values anymore. Same reaction with every user. Maybe it has something to do with the security settings on some files, but I don't know witch. Can anybody help? Gerald

Palo Suite no input of values

geggop - - General

Hello, I just installed Palo Suite Ramp Up Windows (latest version) and testing out a few things with the demo database. I recognized, that I can't enter new values or change existing values, not when working with an workbook in the Filemanager and even not in the Report-Manager. (The correct rights are given, cells protection is unlocked) Has anybody experienced the same behaviour? Any hint's? Gerald

Rules not working with Palo 3.0

geggop - - Rules

Hello, I have made up several databases with Palo 2.5 that require my needs very well and work fine with 2.5. They include a lot of rules to calculate values. Now I updated to the latest Palo 3.0 release and now some of the rules don't work anymore. Does anybody experience the same problem? Is there any syntax change known that I have to attend? Hope somebody can help. Gerald

Hello, I have made up several databases with Palo 2.5 that require my needs very well and work fine with 2.5. They include a lot of rules to calculate values. Now I updated to the latest Palo 3.0 release and now some of the rules don't work anymore. Does anybody experience the same problem? Is there any syntax change known that I have to attend? Hope somebody can help. Gerald

Hi Didier, you can use the SETDATA-Function like this: =PALO.SETDATA(value;FALSCH;"localhost/Demo";"Sales";"All Products";"Europe";"Year";"2002";"Variance";"Units") Instead of "value" you have to use PALO.DATAC("localhost/Demo";"Sales";"All Products";"Europe";"Year";"2002";"Variance";"Units")+"Value you want to add (for example value in cell A3)" So first you look up the existing value and then you add the new value to the existing value. Hope this helps. Gerald

starting palo-suite fails

geggop - - General

Do you use Windows Internet Explorer? Try Firefox, then it will work. Gerald

RE: wss3 login

geggop - - Palo OLAP Server

Did you use the MS Internet Explorer? I had the same experience and installed the Firefox Browser, then it worked. Good Luck Gerald

Problems with German Umlaute

geggop - - Rules

Hello, I have several dimensions with several elements. Some of the elements are written with German Umlauten (ä, ü, ö). Since the database is quite komplex, I have to calculate some values using rules. Everything works fine but sometimes, the Name?-Error appears in the excel-sheet instead of the value. This happens only when the element-name consists an german umlaut and the element is used in the calculation of the rule. If I restart the database everything is fine but after a while the sam…

RE: All about VBA and PALO

geggop - - Best Practices

Hi, very interesting tips and tricks here in this post. Thanks for that so far. I was wondering if it is possible to start the import wizzard with all its functions using VBA code. What I would need is the possibility to read a txt file line by line and convert the data just like it is possible in the wizzard. Hope somebody can help me, Gerald

Adding new elements

geggop - - General

Hello Holger, thank you very much. This is exactly what I needed. Gerald

Adding new elements

geggop - - General

Hello Holger, thanks for the reply. Since i'm not very familliar with VBA programming, could you please give me some more advice on that? How does the VBA Code have to look like and how can I send the PALO.EADD's ? Thanks in advance, Gerald

Splashing with attribute values

geggop - - General

Hello, does anybody know, if it is possible to use the "Like" funktion in combination with attribute values? How do I refer to the attribute value? 20000 like ????????? Thanks in advance, Gerald

Hello, Is there a possibility to add new elements into a dimension within an excel-sheet, for example with the palo.eadd function, without using the import-assistant? I want to give the user an easy possibility to add elements by simply writing the name into a certain cell. I hope somebody can help me with this issue. Thanks in advance, Gerald

Palo.error_log

geggop - - Palo for Excel

I want to import data with the import-wizzard into a cube. Therefor I put up a excel-sheet with all the import specifications. The import works as expected. To find out, if there is data that can not be imported (e.g. because of missing dimension elements) I want to use the PALO.ERROR_LOG function. I setup the function as explained in the manual. Problem is now, that the import works fine, but there is no file with import errors even if there are obviously errors in the imported data. The file i…

Hi, hope somebody can help me! I have a lot of cost centers in my dimension "cost calculation" that are consolidated in several cost groups. Each cost group has one preliminary cost center and several final cost centers. I want to splitt the costs of the preliminary cost center to the final cost center in the relation of the costs on the final cost centers according to the total costs of the cost group minus the costs of the preliminary cost center. How can set a sort of filter, so only the rele…

Hello Michael, thank you very much, this is the answer i needed. Gerald

RE: Percental growth

geggop - - Rules

Hi Kenzo, since i'm trying to figure out a quite similar problem, I would be very interested in the rules you came up with. Gerald

Hello, I have buildt a little excel-sheet to do some easy company planning. I want to calculate a planning value out of the real value of the previous year with a palo-rule. This works fine if I fix the previous year within the rule (e.g. 2007). But if I want to calculate the value for further years with a relative formular (e.g. year = year-1) or something like that, it does not work anymore. I would be very thankful if somebody here would have any suggestions to solve this problem. In the fina…