Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 30.

ME- Sending mail ?

Peter Parks - - Jedox Web

As laloune already answered, I would recommend adding a library / framework too. That's the neat thing about the macro engine. If you need to process a more complex mail app you could also set up a widget, within your worksheet, where you could fetch some data from the db or the worksheet itself using the same Jedox functionality. Data is passed to Widget for example as range (source), where it receives an array Source Code (1 line) for every cell or you could make use of Palosubset and Palodata…

ME- Sending mail ?

Well you can set up a Hyperlink that opens your file with the corresponding macro. In this file (report / or .wss) you can create the __open function, which is invoked upon opening the file. PHP Source Code (8 lines) Hope it helps. Greets, Peter

Hi Madis, well, as strange as it maybe sounds but it's lots of fun to get to know Jedox in depth. I forgot to mention that i tried to pass the whole string to the attributes method, but the result was - cannot set a value to attributes beause it's read only. I'm pretty sure you tried that too a while ago. However I'll keep trying, as I progress in learning all things it needs. The moment I reach the desired result I will update this post. Greets, Peter

Hey Maddis, tried it during vacation, but I was unable to write you my experiences on this any earlier. The result is indeed very interessting. I tried to locate the declaration files for the string your code generated, which is pretty easy using an editor that let's you jump through a project's files (just added the "Jedox Suite" folder), like in my case Sublime Text 3. {"dblclick":["hnd_dblCceOpen",{"working_mode":8,"serv_id":"localhost","db_name":"Demo","dim_name":"Months","edit_data":[["Year…

Just to reference for other readers that are not familiar with the oop-post I liked it to make sure everyone is able to make use of this post. Quote from Madis: “ PHP Source Code (1 line) ” This .php can be found in this thread. I am going to try this as soon as possible and post my thoughts on this. Thanks Greets, Peter

Hi Madis, this approach is well thought and easy to understand and also to replicate. I was wondering how to manage my code properyl, but with this example I should be able to do so - Thanks a lot. I understand your problem managing your code from within the sheet itself but this is just because you have so limited options to call macros from within the workbook. Once more thanks for your input. Greets, Peter

Hi Community, i tried to copy a function via the webs macro engine, which works without any problem. Fun stuff though is that it looses its context calling functionality. Here's the macro: PHP Source Code (6 lines) When I copy the formula from cell to cell using Crtl+C and Ctrl+V, and afterwards double click it the context window appears in which I am able to select one element. Anyways the cellinput written by the macro looses exactly that behavior. The result is still the one it should be whic…

The macro engine uses php5 for sure, just found it in the manual. I read the link you posted and I think i kind of get the problem. In the macro_engine.xml I can't identify any options that would match that problem. Maybe i can ask you another question if you would have to set up some more complex functions that basically use the same set of variables over and over again, is there a way to define them in order to use them in various functions/methods without oop? I dont want to define them globa…

Hi Madis, thanks for your hint on setting private properties. I tried your example and set up some others to try if just the activesheet()-method doesn't work. Guess what, every class property which is defined by a method doesn't work. So basically it does exist in the macro engine. Do you for sure know it works in Php 5? If so, could the php.ini 's settings be the restricting limitation? Greets, Peter

Hi Madis, thanks. It works. But this would give me no real benefit prior to programming in a procedual manner. I found a link OOP for php, where building classes is described and so are their benefits. So what i want to achieve is having lots of properties that can be used by various functions. I don't really know why the activesheet()-Method for example works within a method/function of MyClass but it doesn't if it is stated in the class' properties? Could you maybe clarify your comment on init…

Hi, Is it possible to use an object oriented approach using the macro engine? Just found out that this code works. PHP Source Code (14 lines) But this doesn't: PHP Source Code (14 lines) Is there anything to include or refernce to within the class?

Hi algernon, welcome to the community. If I got your first problem right, i would set up a new measure called "Profitability" and would set a C: Rule, to divide the individual sum of any specifed group by the sum of all orders. The second example can be solved just like the first one. Go ahead and set up a measure called "problematic order flag" and store a 0 for non-problematic orders and a 1 for an order where problems occured. Next add another element to you measure dimension called " %-probl…

how activate jedox 5 base?

Peter Parks - - General

Hi jcubilla, You need to order the Jedox Premium Suite on their website. The price depends on the packages you would like to use and therefore divers from company to company (or user to user). Just talk to their customer or sales service and they will help you choosing whatever you need. Greets, Peter

Thank you Noel! This is very unfortunate. I thought it may be just because I lack on php knowledge. I will definitly give this a try. Although I have to rethink my concept then as I am currently using a .csv to populate the table. Greets, Peter

Hi HojTad, I am talking about the admin guide manual, on the Jedox website for the Jedox Suite. You need to register and after this you have access to the download section, where should be able to find it. The manual includes all api functions, but there are only some examples that didn't help me enough. I am a newbie to php programming myself as I stated above. Hopefully I was able to help. Greets Peter

Hi there, I need some help on changing for example the location of a specific workbook element by using a macro. What I want to achieve, is that a button moves dynamically to the last entry of a list. The list is created by another macro, so it should be no problem, to read the height of every line, sum it up, and set that value as the new location of the button. The reason is, I want to unlock the cells if a user needs to enter a new line and pass on some formulas in some hidden colums. I am re…

Hello everyone, I just solved my problem yesterday night. Thanks Noel for clarifying, I was not sure if this is the best solution for it. I unfortunatly ticked a checkbox, which constantly gave me an error message. After removing this, i just had to pick "first" as option for the text element (date) and "sum" for my value elements. The next step was to create a FieldTransform to finally remove the old date and consider the measure (date) as the new time dimension. I also set up a mapping to assi…

Hi Byoshimi, First of all thanks for your reply and sorry for not responding earlier this week. This topic is still one of my top priorities, which i need to get a solution for. Yes its a fully populated time dimension. Grain level is days only. I did set up two parallel hierarchies one for years and moths and one for calendar weeks which are all aggregations i need but they are both using the same base elements which are as stated above days. Hope that's enough on that. So basically I need to s…

jump marks

Hi Martina, there should be an easy solution for your problem, using hyperlinks. There is a section in the menu, where you can refer to a specific cell. Haven't tried it myself yet, but it should do the job for you. It's the same as it would be in Excel. Hope it helps. Greets, Peter

Dear Community, i have a little problem setting up an ETL process, for my Palo Project. What i'm facing are several cube with various dimensions including a time dimension. The measure dimension of my transaction data cubes consists of various values and three other date-values. In simple, I would like to take a date of the measure dimension and turn it into the time dimension of another cube. First question, is it possible? And if it's possible, which transform-functions have to be chosen? I've…