Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 54.

I found your code very useful, thank you (all the more since I did not found the PALO.EUPDATE function alone...); I added DB_NAME among the parameters (first one) and wrote an updatedim function that uses it this way (I am not sure this code is very clean, since I rather use Python than VBA but it seems to work OK for me, up to now at least ,and can perhaps be of use to others ...) Private Sub updatedim(DB_NAME, dimension, element, parent, weight, suppress) res = Application.Run("PALO.EISCHILD",…

Try changing the formulas that are set automatically : .DATA and not DATAC. Il seems it does not prevent folding and unfolding with a different number of elements displayed, with the good new formula! It works better for me and hope it will work the same for you.

Palo 3. strange behavior

L.Jaouan - - General

Thank you for trying to help me, but I think I can use PALO even if have have no admin rights (only I can not install it myself); the service seems to run OK and today the strange behaviour I had yesterday (two views not being coordinated) seem to have disappeared : If I make a change in one view the change appears almost immediatly in the second view as with the older versions; all for the best but strange all the same...; as for the option to show the selector in a view by double clicking in t…

Palo 3. strange behavior

L.Jaouan - - General

I have used PALO almost from the start, but mostly testing it, and I am have not kept in touch with Palo news for some time. I upgraded yesterday to the 3.0 version and encountered some strange things. 1) since I have no admin rights I had to install it as another user and made only a very quick test as the admin user. When I run PALO as my usual user, I could not see any database for a long time until suddenly I could see them at last; I have not yet understood why. I met the same behaviour whe…

I created a new server with admin rights (admin/admin) and it works if I uses its name in an old view instead of the old one. Then when I call the modeller I can also create new dimension values. saved.....my faith is back...

I was using 1.5 and wanted to migrate to 2.5 (not a good idea it seems): - I cannot see old cube values in views any more but only dimensions elements, - I wanted to create new dimension elements with the modeler but I do not have enough privileges any more ! (I am not an admin on my PC), - I wanted to view the demo database but it does not appear, - I wanted to create a new cube with the assistant but I do not have enough privileges, - I wanted to load a cube with a VBA macro but it does not wo…

element name

L.Jaouan - - Jedox Excel Add-In

Hi, I also have problems with long element names with french accents; has somebody understood the rules that must be followed ? I do not find anything in the palo manual. The java palo api works well to allow creation from my file and the java client shows the names OK, l but paste view cannot show some of the element names in EXCEL, neither on rows, pages or columns.

I do not use PHP 5 but it seems that removing the dll to the php/sapi catalog can help sometimes (or windows system catalog if nothing else works). You must also be sure that no older version with the same name exists somewhere else.

What I said was only about the following message 'Warning: dl(): Not supported in multithreaded Web servers ' which is only a warning message But, alas, you must have some other problem. Have you modified the php.ini file to add the name of the php_jedox_palo.dll :extension= php_jedox_palo.dll ? I am on PHP 4.4

I got the same message when I changed palo version to 1.0 (not before) but it is only a warning message (if you look down you should see that application screen is ok after the error messages and that it works well). I first thought that perhaps I copied the wrong dll (for the PHP version) but thought better of it later. I am contemplating to remove the test in the demo php script if I go on using it (that test does not seem to be absolutely necessary). But I also wonder what is the message orig…

RE: updates over network

L.Jaouan - - General

Sub refresh() Do Application.Wait Now + TimeValue("0:00:04") Application.Calculate 'MsgBox " I calculate" Loop End Sub to stop : Ctrl+ Pause (French ) since escape does not work. But you cannot do anything (only look at your sheet....).

RE: updates over network

L.Jaouan - - General

in VBA : Application.Calculate or ActiveSheet.Calculate when needed.

RE: - Ok, not exactly this

L.Jaouan - - General

Why are not loops with palo.EFIRST, palo.ENEXT and palo.DATA not enough ?

There is a way which is not very apparent but has been given by the palo team in a forum's thread about three weeks ago : in the modeller, click on a cube in the right pane, then make a right click : the last option is to export data in a text or csv file file.

Hello I already asked: the SDK is to be completed by PHP APi in the next days .

hierarchies in TPII

L.Jaouan - - Jedox Excel Add-In

Hello, I test both TPII on XP (waiting for PHP API : has it been added in SDK ?) and 1.0 on NT4. I came across a strange behaviour on TPII , one consolidated element (direct child but not on the last level) did not show in the PASTE VIEW selector among the node's children but was seen as consolidated element in the modeller, and well used in the consolidation. That happened after some changes in the hierarchy was made manually using the modeller. I do not have time to try making the same manipul…

selecting only granchildren

L.Jaouan - - Wish List

hello, palo team, One useful new feature in the selector tool of paste view is the 'branch' selection; it would be still more useful to be able to cross this new selection criteria with the level criteria, when wishing to get only the grand children of a node.

RE: Data Information

L.Jaouan - - General

Hello, You can put clients and representatives in the same dimension (two EADD commands for one record) with the representative being the client's parent (while the representative has no parent). Next you select the second level of that dimension (in paste view) to show only the clients and you use the EPARENT formula in your excel spreasheet to show the client's representative. You can either identify your client and representative with ID+name in that dimension (simpler) or identify with ID on…

RE: vba example

L.Jaouan - - General

hello, Glad I could help. If you do not have hierarchies, it should be easy to make your one and only program load dimensions and a cube automatically, asking for some names (database, cube) using the first line of a csv file which gives the names and some conventions (first upper case character if the data is a dimension element..). Perhaps you could use the second line to explain how to update hierarchies if you have some (giving the number of the data which is the parent...and keeping some da…

RE: unique parent

L.Jaouan - - Wish List

hello, My memory must be unfaithfull on that point (I only tested TM1 for one month 2 years ago, gave back the CD-ROM and kept only a part of the documentation on paper..... we already had bought ESSBASE for a department ...). All the same I think I remember that, with subsets, or something like that, it was easier to work clearly with only a part of the hierarchy, without the risk, of having the same element several times, when it was not wished...