Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 65.

This class is in this jar: jgraphx-1.11.0.0_patched.jar does this jar exists under ../etlserver/WEB-INF/lib? normally if something is missing, a "class not found" exception is thrown rather than this

here is your example, but using bulk operations and avoiding R,W,R,W ....

I checked your code, as I expected the problem is that palojlib tries to validate it's cache each time the API is used, jpalo updates it's cache, which is faster but has the disadvantage that it will not consider changes done on the olap server from other clients e.g. excel addin,when the changes are done during the jpalo execution. If I delete this from 2 funtions if (slowDown) groupElem.getChildren(); then with jpalo, I get an average time of 50 seconds and in palojlib 55 seconds, (I did not n…

Ok I will take a look at it next week, but just for info, the porblem in jpalo, that it did not notive changes done outside jpalo through it's execution. So if you check the children of a certain element and then change something in olap server then check the children again, jpalo will not notice this (this can be easily tested when debugging). In palojlib, we tried always to validate what in the server really at this time and invalidate our cache if needed. This may be the problem. But as I sai…

Running getElements depends on the parameter withAttributes. So it depends how you use the palojlib. To compare the palojlib with Jpalo, it is better to use the etlserver to run the tests, because this library is designed for the etl server in the first place, in 3.2 SR2, there is the possibility to use both libraries (take a look at the whats_new pdf given in that version). regarding parallel runs, as you will see in the version 3.3 that we come soon, Palojlib will be used to run parallel loads…

Using subset in script

kais - - Jedox Integrator

From ETL you can not evaluate a a certain subset and get the list of elements (subsets are client-side), subsets are not implemented there. That's why I advised you to try to filter this list of elements using the filter possibilities (in Dimension extract for example) .

I will say first write it in forum, if we checked it and realized that it is a real bug and it exists in the newest version available for us, then you can set it as a bug in bugs.palo.net/mantis/my_view_page.php (the advantage here you can track when something is done regarding your bug) but I will say, 90% from the cases the forum should be enough. In forum, you can also write not just bugs, but optimization suggestions, it is all welcomed! Regards, Kais

Using subset in script

Hello, until now there is no support for subsets in ETL server, you can try to build your subset through filter possibilities provided in ETL server.

The palojlib is designed to have only one level for all classes, and it can be set without having log4.xml. The level can be set by calling com.jedox.palojlib.managers.LoggerManager.getInstance().setLevel(Level.INFO);// for example this will set the logger in all palojlib classes to INFO, changing it will change the log level on all newly created objects, in this case HttpHandler will be one of them, since palojlib doesn't reuse the objects created there. regards, Kais

The "Access" connection uses the ODBC driver MicroSoft Access Driver (*.mdb) that is installed usually when the Windows office is installed, So practically, you can't use this from a Unix system unless you find a way to install these on your unix system (which I doubt it's possible). But even on Windows machine, things like 32/64 bit or locale, should be taken into consideration when using "Access" Connection.

Hello, what you can try to do is to use a groovy function that reads the source, and from each line like this incident1|loc1/loc2/loc3 then write in a file also in groovy incident1|loc1|1 incident1|loc2|1 incident1|loc3|1 this can be done by using functions like split. An example how to read a source in groovy is in the sample importScript.

Advantage ODBC (Sybase)

Even on 64-bit machine, when using 32-bit ODBC, one should use 32-bit java (which means also 32-bit Tomcat). 32-bit tomcat differs from 64-bit tomcat in only the palotomcat6.exe. 32-bit palotomcat6.exe is 56 KB 64-bit palotomcat6.exe is 72 KB 32-bit palotomcat6.exe can be copied from 32-bit installation of palosuite. Regards, Kais

problem executing sample project

Hello, loading big dimensions is not the problem in itself. It depends how complex is the dimension, flat dimensions is faster than one with a lot of levels, the modus of update is faster than insert. I loaded a dimension for a model that contained more than 100,000 elements. The idea is one should check what the error is, for this the tomcat logs are the best resource of information. Check that no errors regarding heap space occurred, or if it is a concrete bug, you can simply add a bug in our …

Hello Maybe the error is because this part is done on two lines: echo Using security policy -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy=%SECURITY_POLICY_FILE% this happened only because of copy/paste. this should be on one line. Good Luck Kais

Hello you have to run the ETL service (tomcat application server) with a security policy. 1. replace catalina.policy (remove the added suffix .txt) File with the attached policy 2. insert the text in bold to bin/service.bat file: set PR_LOGPATH= set PR_CLASSPATH= set PR_JVM= rem added be Kais set SECURITY_POLICY_FILE=%CATALINA_BASE%\conf\catalina.policy echo Using security policy -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy=%SECURITY_POLICY_FILE% rem Set extra parameters "%EXECUTABLE%" //US//%…

Hello This is a problem that happens when the ETL server setup is not able to write this new directory (common with vista,win server). Make sure you REALLY have the needed credentials i.e Full Control over the ETL\webapps\etlserver\data\db directory , make sure that you run the setup AS an Admin. Regards, Kais

Dimensionupdate

Hello, One Solution is to use unique connections, so you have to use 2 connections that point to the same Mysql database but with 2 different names. This problem only occurs with mysql since mysql does not allow parallel streaming from one open connection. Regards,

Hello To prevent Splashing in Cube load, you can enter Splash=disabled as parameter instead of using Splash=default (allow Splashing). Regards, Kais

Hello Please provide a complete example. I tried to reproduce this in sample importTransformTable but could not reproduce it. Regards, Kais

FieldTransform Error

Hello When you try another function, do you have also a Problem getting the inputs? Regards, Kais