Search Results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi Sara, this seems a bit daisy chained! I would tend to use worksheet (using palo setdata) or integrator calculations for a logic like this, I think this cannot be done through rules. You could always "flag" one variable as static, depending on what you change; price, revenue or quantity. From my personal expierence, I would not overcomplicate things and just allow price and quantity to be editable. Best Gerwin

• Hi Sara, what you are looking for is defined in Jedox as "Business Rule". You may want to read this LINK for some useful information. Best Gerwin

• Check For value in Cube

Gerwin Haas - - Jedox Web

Hi MosheA, try to stick to the docu in my Link above. There is a full example how to define a connection. <?php // Defines constant variables. define('HOST', 'localhost'); define('PORT', '7777'); define('USER', 'admin'); define('PASS', 'admin'); // Establishes a new connection to the OLAP server. $connection = palo_init(HOST, PORT, USER, PASS); // Creates array with dimension coordinates $dimensions = array('Desktop L', 'France', 'Jan', '2012', 'Actual', 'Units'); // Exports data as specified in…

• Check For value in Cube

Hi, your code does not define neither "conection" nor "cube". How shall the function know which cube it may access? You may want to define those parameters. HERE you will find a full working code piece. Best Gerwin

• Hi, we have the same issue! Here's my workaround: you can use the "current_groups()"-function LINK and define within the worksheet in a table if the user is not member of a certain group to hide specific rows. Not the best way, but it works Best Gerwin

• Hi, you could write php code using A) palo_eadd knowledgebase.jedox.com/doc/7_1/phppalo/resource_id/ Or you could use the spreadsheet function B) PALO.EADD(...) (knowledgebase.jedox.com/knowledgebase/jedox-olap-functions/) When you want to use a button, you may use a php-code and solution A) Another possibility could be, to use a hyperlink (looking like a button) to set a cell value for a A1 (or any other cell) from 0 to 1 and refer to this cell with a =if(A1=1,paloe.eadd(...),"") in another cel…

• Start an ETL Job From a Report

Good job!

Good morning, you need to use a php-array element to pass variables. Like this $variables = array(array('name' => 'name_variable_1','value' => 'value_variable_1'),array('name' => 'name_variable_2','value' => 'value_variable_2'),...array('name' => 'name_variable_n','value' => 'value_variable_n')); This is, how your code may should look like: #########################PHP####################################### function _btn_start_job_Click () { $ws = activesheet(); // get activesheet $project = $ws…

So this bit seems to be the problem then? $project = activesheet()->range('U2')->value; What does this code return? function _start_ETL_Job () { $project = activesheet()->range('U2')->value; // i put here the name of the project as it show in the model return __msgbox($project); }

"A: Yes at work the monitor integrator show me this done (all green) and I check in the report and it's do what is supposed to do." When you can see, that the job is done in the integrator and it does return an id, what is not working then? :-/ Also, try this code please. It should return a valid id in a popup field. function _start_ETL_Job () { $project = activesheet()->range('U2')->value; // i put here the name of the project as it show in the model $job = activesheet()->range('U3')->value; //…

Hey there, were the job executed in the jedox integrator (look at the monitor) or did it not start at all? Does the script return an id-number? (add: return __msgbox('Job started with id '.$id,'info'); ) You may also reduce the problem and do not use spreadsheet variables - so we can exclude this as the problem. ($id = integrator_start_job('test_projekt','test_job'); ) Best Gerwin

• Creating Validation

Anytime Good luck with your project!

• Creating Validation

Yes!!! ...sorry, I am using the German version...translation error

• Creating Validation

Hey there, you may select the cell you would like to be unlocked when "yes" is selected. Use option Format->Conditional-Formatting->New Rule Pick the "formula"-option (in German Jedox Web it is the last selectable rule) and enter: =IF(C41="No",FALSE,TRUE) (Assuming C41 is your data-validation field) In the cell format menu go to the protection tab. Select "unprotect" (assuming that the cell is protected by default). That should do the magic. Best Gerwin

• Creating Validation

You can use data validation -> pick option "list" -> "formula" -> enter in the formula field " ={"Yes","No"} " In another cell you could use conditional formatting and allow user to enter data, if the validation field is "yes". Best Gerwin

• Hey, I personally do not like to use many subsets, due to performance lack. I think the best way is, to use PALO.ELEMENT_LIST_PARENTS(Server/ Database, Dimension, Element) You can simply exploit this formula with some php in Jedox web. #################PHP Code############### function e_search_parent($server,$dimension,$element,$search_index){ $arr = application()->palo_element_list_parents($server,$dimension,$element); for($i=0;$i<count($arr);$i++){ if(strpos($arr[$i][0], $search_index) !== fal…

• Speaking of Jedox Web, there is the possibility of reverting data entries - "undo" - which is covered in this topic: LINK As this is a very powerful tool, I feel uncomfortable with "normal" users setting undo-references to cubes, locking those. Is there a way to deny permission to this button/right in Jedox Web?

• Sort Dimension Elements

Gerwin Haas - - Jedox Excel Add-In

I recently faced the same issue. I had a very huge dimension looking like this: * Element * * * * Attribute * A * * * * 1 * * B * * * 2 * * * C * * 6 * * * D * * 5 * * * E * * 7 * * * F * * 4 * * G * * * 3 * * * * * And did want to order it by it’s attribute like this: * Element * * * * Attribute * A * * * * 1 * * B * * * 2 * * * F * * 4 * * * D * * 5 * * * C * * 6 * * * E * * 7 * * G * * * 3 * * * * * Notice, that I only wanted to change the order of base-elements in elements, which did not con…