Aggregation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Aggregation

Hello everybody,

I have a question about the aggregation in Palo:

I create several dimensions with my programm, e.g. a region-dimension which is defined like that:

All Regions
    / \
    Europe Africa ...
    / \
    Germany France

I insert values that you can aggregate in the first cube and values that you can't aggregate in the second cube (percent-values).
    How can I tell Palo in my C#-program that it shall not aggregate the values in the second cube?

Thanks for helping.
  • RE: Aggregation

The way to make Palo aggregate differently is to use rules.

If you cube contains the relevant data you can perform a proper calculation at consolidated levels like this

['Margin % Sales'] = C:[Margin'] / ['Sales']

However if your cube does not contain the necessary data and you just wanted to suppress the result as it would otherwise show incorrect data you could use

['Margin % Sales'] = C:0

Hope this helps

John
    Best wishes

John Hobson
    The Planning Factory, Lytham, UK
    www.planfact.co.uk

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pommie ().

Where do I have to define these rules?

I create my cubes like that:

Source Code

1. //Cube "Cube1"
    2. jpc.DatabaseAddCube(DATABASE_NAME, CUBE_NAME1, new string[]{ REGION_DIMENSION_NAME, TIME_DIMENSION_NAME, SEX_DIMENSION_NAME, AGE_DIMENSION_NAME});
    3. //Cube "Cube2"
    4. jpc.DatabaseAddCube(DATABASE_NAME, CUBE_NAME2, new string[] { REGION_DIMENSION_NAME, TIME_DIMENSION_NAME });

After that I fill the cubes with data..

I use the PALO modeller in Excel to add rules.

In the database window if you highlight the cube name and click on the Rule Editor button you will be taken to the Rule Editor window.

Looks like you are using a different interface - is it JPALO ? so I don't know how you'd do it there.

There is a rules guide available at jedox.com/index.php?id=507 which should help you.
    Best wishes

John Hobson
    The Planning Factory, Lytham, UK
    www.planfact.co.uk