PHP extension source code

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PHP extension source code

Hello folks,

I have the following problem: I run PHP version 5.0.4 on linux, when I try to load the extension php_jedox_palo.so, which i got from the 5.0.X .zip download directory and copied into my php5 extensions directory, as explained in the Readme text, the following php error occurs:

------------------
    Warning: dl() [function.dl]: php_palo: Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20040412, debug=0, thread-safety=0 PHP compiled with module API=20041030, debug=0, thread-safety=0 These options need to match in...
    ------------------

I don't really know what the error means, but searching google i found that I will probably have to recompile the extension file, and since this is open source, it shouldn't be a problem. My question is now if the source code is available for recompiling and/or is there another solution for this, other than using a different php version?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Nicolas
  • Hello nmeseth,

apparently PHP extensions compiled against PHP 5.0.1 are NOT compatible with PHP 5.0.4. That is what the error message is saying.

You are correct, if you compile the extension against PHP 5.0.4 it will work on your system. The source code of the PHP extension will be published with Palo 1.0.
    With Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Jedox GmbH
    Jonathan Rass
    Developer

Worksheet-Server 2.0
    Run your Excel-Sheets as Multi-User PHP-Applications on the Web

The post was edited 1 time, last by j_rass ().