Not Getting Work Sheet Server in Excel

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi

I've got a follow up question to this:

Today I installed WSS3, started the application in Firefox by the adress mentioned before and created a simple worksheet within the designer.

My question: I cant find any Button or Menu to deploy this worksheet. How do i make it available to users ?? When i double click it under the report repository, nothing happens. ?( ?(

thx

The post was edited 1 time, last by Phil_Ro ().

• Originally posted by Phil_Ro
    Hi

I've got a follow up question to this:

Today I installed WSS3, started the application in Firefox by the adress mentioned before and created a simple worksheet within the designer.

My question: I cant find any Button or Menu to deploy this worksheet. How do i make it available to users ?? When i double click it under the report repository, nothing happens. ?( ?(

thx

To "preview" the Report, you need to load the User Preview of the Reports Repository (see the button in the Reports Repo toolbar). Once User preview is active, you should be able to open the Report using doubleclick.

Other users will see this state right after logging in (you can check with the "smith" test account).
  • thx for fast repsonse,

Yes, I tried the preview before, looks good except that hyperlinks wont work.

I tried the smith account, but with that account the test report is not listed in report repos. but only in "private reports". When i click it there, it is opened in the editor with all Tool bars, not as a web app.

Do i have to change some file settings or rights for smith ?
    He is not admin and has only read rights.

Edit says:

Today I found out how to deploy it, I just had to spawn a new folder in report repository as admin and move the report there. After that, when logged in as user smith, the report appears in his repository together with the new folder.

BUT: the report is still in his "private reports" section. How can i get it out of there, so the user can't modify the report any more ?

Gruß

The post was edited 1 time, last by Phil_Ro ().

• to import an xlsx file, first you need to open / create a workbook in wss3 first. then in the menu for the workbook tab, select File > Import. import your xlsx file from this menu.

tested it with rc1 and rc2 and it works. even if the file was created in openoffice and saved as xlsx ;)

tip: if you are using the palo excel addin or palooca, make sure that the connection to the palo server has the same name in excel / openoffice as in the wss3. this solves a lot of problems.
  • i have uploaded a video about designing a worksheet in openoffice.org and palooca, then importing it into worksheet server

youtube.com/watch?v=5fab1E4xSiw

other than the charts and combo boxes not working. double-clicking on the element also does not produce the element selector / drill-down.

ps i was informed that there will be a new release in mid dec 2009. still 14 days to go. hopefully there is a performance improvement and fixes for the worksheet server.
  • Thanks for the video!
    Yes I hope they take into account in the new release some of this things..
    I was testing also, as you said double-clicking in selectors does not produce anything when you import a excel!!
    Also, I was doing some new workbooks in Worksheet Server and the behavior from wss3 was strange, some cells appear "visually" in another place, when I do a copy of a sheet with comboboxes, in the copy sheet they has disappear. Also, if I do a link to another sheet sometimes the wss3 does not refresh property and some cells appear in this start sheet, etc!!
    Anybody knows which may be the problem?
    Tested with firefox and Internet Explorer!
    Is because of the community version?
    Thanks!!
    ?(