Best practises with data input in palo

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Best practises with data input in palo

Hi to all,

We have implemented Palo (2.5) with Excel Add-in for several customers with complex planning and budgeting rules and off course allocations (using "splash").
    With more user’s REX , we have two different needs to increase user's acceptance during collecting data process:
    - First, data input on Excel with palo.data formula are not secured. Non advanced users can "break" cells formula containing palo.data (particulary when using accidentally “Del” notepad)
    - Secondly splashing data is very usefull for real allocation, but we also use it to input data at agregated level, (for example when 1 measure is non defined on 1 dimension, so we put figures at total; in this case we do not manage non defined element for example, and prefer as far as possible, not creating to many cubes… Therfore in mostly cases, we use “#” input data.
    With all that contrainst, we try now to import data from real Excel files (which not contain Palo formulas)
    Can you share your experiences with me dealing data input?

Thx to all
    Regards,

B.SAAL
  • As regards your protection issue you might find this useful

jedox.com/community/palo-forum…&hilight=protect+and+copy

As regards writing imported values to consolidated elements it sounds like using Palo.Setdata with the splash parameter set to "true" will do what you need

PALO.SETDATA(Value,Splash,(Server/Database,Cube, Coordinate1, Coordinate2,…
    Coordinate16,)
    Best wishes

John Hobson
    The Planning Factory, Lytham, UK
    www.planfact.co.uk
  • Thx to your answers.
    The vba code customing restrictions rule when inputing is a good solution.
    I already thought about palo.Setdata, but It is not reporting and input at the same time, that means that if 2 users is writing at same time ...Bing!
    That's why I prefer in that case using real import data...
    Ok and what about more alternativ to avoid puting # (for example creating a non defined element to input)?
    Regards,

B.SAAL