WSS 3.0 Several Questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• WSS 3.0 Several Questions

Hello,

i've got some questions concerning general handling with WSS 3.0.

1. Is it possible to blank columns or rows in general or alternatively blank out parts of the whole worksheets in order to hide it from all users, except admin?

2. Is it possible to use a Hyperlink to switch between different Sheets in one workbook by clicking the link and - in the same procedure - transfer variables from one sheet to another?

3. When will PALO.DATAC and other PALO.DATAx-functions be implemented in WSS 3.0?

4. Will WSS 3.0 also run error-free on InternetExplorer?

Thanks in advance,

Bjoern
  • RE: WSS 3.0 Several Questions

Hi, I'm also trying to work with the WSS 3.0 ... as a newbie.

Where did you read that the PALO.DATAC and other functions aren't implemented yet?

Isn't the PALO.DATAC function a substantial function which is necessary to work with? My first thought's were that this function is a absolute requirement???
    Thanks,
    berndo
  • Hey Berndo,

first of all - thanks for your reply.

Yes, It's right - in the Palo Excel-AddIn the PALO.DATAC-function is essential. In WSS 3.0 it's already implemented in the navigation bar menu, but you can't use it yet.
    If you try to insert a function automatically you can only choose the normal PALO.DATA-function, which is already working. If you change the function just by adding the "C" the function won't work any longer.

The main difference between PALO.DATA and PALO.DATAC is the way of grouping the database query. Therefore, Palo.DATA is a bit slower than DATAC.
  • Yes it's true.

The Palo.Data works and you don't need the Palo.Datac necessarily.

The Palo.Setdata works also.

That's important if you want to try the system. Otherwise I think you can't write in a cube.

Have you tried to import data with a txt or csv file? It works?
    Thanks,
    berndo
  • I'd import data via Excel-AddIn Importsheets and access the data via WSS 3.0. That is also the regular case when dealing with PALO.
    The normal user who is only allowed to read will be happy with the WSS 3.0 interface.
    More sophisticated users who also shall write back values for planning should - at the moment - use the Excel AddIn, because too many features aren't integrated in the WSS 3.0 yet.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BjoernHB ().

• RE: WSS 3.0 Several Questions

Originally posted by BjoernHB
    Hello,

i've got some questions concerning general handling with WSS 3.0.

1. Is it possible to blank columns or rows in general or alternatively blank out parts of the whole worksheets in order to hide it from all users, except admin?

2. Is it possible to use a Hyperlink to switch between different Sheets in one workbook by clicking the link and - in the same procedure - transfer variables from one sheet to another?

3. When will PALO.DATAC and other PALO.DATAx-functions be implemented in WSS 3.0?

4. Will WSS 3.0 also run error-free on InternetExplorer?

Thanks in advance,

Bjoern

Hi Bjoern, some answers:
    1. The next Beta release will feature a HIDEROW/HIDECOLUMN function (basically, if argument evaluates to TRUE, the row/column containing the function is hidden); hiding sheets is on the Feature Roadmap for the near future.
    2. Hyperlinks including data transfer also will be part of the next Beta release.

3. DATAC and DATAV will be available soon (sorry, can't be more precise ;) ).
    DATAX probably won't be implemented because it isn't necessary. DATAX is a workaround to stop Excel from calculating all PALO.DATA formulas on all worksheets. The Worksheet-Server will by default only calculate what is needed for the current Sheet (more precisely, the currently visible part of the sheet).

4. Yes. Let's say it this way - it will run as error-free as possible. ;)
  • WSS Sourcecode

Hi all,

I have downloaded etl, frontend and molap source code.In 'frontend' folder, a folder named WSS is there. I haven't found any build file through which I can build WSS executable or any help file to deal with these source files. I want to know , is it possible to build WSS from source code ?
    Thanks to all in advance.

Sukhendu ?(
  • Worksheet Server Workbook

Hi All,

We are using worksheet server 3. Few days before it was fine. But now when we are opening a workbook most of the time the workbook appearing blank. Which means we can not find any cell in work book.

Have any idea about this problem. Thanks in advance.

Sukhendu
  • Hi dominik,

I have restarted the servers in same order that you have said.
    But problem not solved, like it's showing the # value in cell and following error coming frequently in log file(core.log)...

[01.09.2009 12:53:39] ERROR [soap_interface_ui] [compound_command] handle_crdimensions: invalid session received
    [01.09.2009 12:53:39] ERROR [soap_interface_ui] [compound_command] handle_cdatarange: invalid session received
    [01.09.2009 12:53:39] ERROR [soap_interface_ui] [compound_command] handle_cdatarange: invalid session received
    [01.09.2009 12:53:39] ERROR [soap_interface_ui] [compound_command] handle_get_wsheet_elements: invalid session received
    [02.09.2009 09:52:22] ERROR failed to load extension 'palo_wss3.dll': Cannot connect to PALO

I have uninstalled PALO and WSS3 a couple of time but the same problem exist.

Waiting for your response.

Regards,

Sukhendu
  • RE: Worksheet Server Workbook

Originally posted by sukhenduroy
    Hi All,

We are using worksheet server 3. Few days before it was fine. But now when we are opening a workbook most of the time the workbook appearing blank. Which means we can not find any cell in work book.

Have any idea about this problem. Thanks in advance.

Sukhendu

I have the same problem
    Thanks,
    berndo