parse error in rule

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• parse error in rule

Hello,
      I want to write a simple rule (see attached). First Palo accepted it. After exporting and re-importing the rules into txt Palo does not accept it anymore: “parse error in rule: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting ‘[‘ or ‘{‘ at position 27 of line 1 (Error 8001)”
      Rule was written by Rule Editor so I do not think that syntax is the matter.
      Who has an idea?
      Thanks
      Steffen
    • Further to my posting above I now recognized that also other rules are not accepted by the rule editor any more.

When checking the rule everything seems OK. But when clicking ‘OK’ I get the old Message back: I get “parse error in rule: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting ‘[‘ or ‘{‘ at position 27 of line 1 (Error 8001)”

However, when leaving the existing rule unchanged it still works.
      Does this mean that I cannot add new rules nor can I change existing rules?

Regards, Steffen
    • We have now built up Palo again from the beginning. This was needed because of other experiences we made in our works. Now also my old rules can be imported again and the model runs well. A little uncertainness remains because I still do not understand this parse error.