Network operation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Network operation

Palo is a great product, congratulations! I've found some similarities between Applix TM1 and Palo, but Palo is free.

My question is the following, is it possible to run Palo in server-client architecture (e.g. is it possible to reach the server running on my computer from another computer)?

Thanks for your help!

Bálint Varga
    vargabor
  • RE: Network operation

Hi,
    if your computer in meant to be the server, adjust the C:\Program Files\Jedox\Palo\data\config.xml and set hostname= the IP of your computer.

Then start PALO-Service in Windows Service-Dialog on your PC.

To reach your PC you have to run palo-setup on the client as well. Run the PALO-Wizard and register a new server. Server is the IP of your compuer. Port is 1234, Connection Name= (Name of your choice), user name = user, password =pass.

Notice: You can install the server on a machine without MSOffice installed as well.

Have a nice weekend.

Holger

Hi Holger,

I've tried to use a remote server with no luck. I can connect to the server and I can see everything in the modeller, but when I try to use the paste view option or any of the excel functions, no values are returned to the excel sheet. It seems that the excel functions don't work with remote servers... Is there any other configuration parameter to use the excel functions with a remote server?

Thanks for your help!

(Sorry for my poor english... I hope everything is clear...)

Dear Holger,

I've created the first cube, I loaded data in and everything worked fine, but I always have difficulities to reconnect the remote server (IP and firewall settings are the same, and somtime I succeed somtime not).

Thanks!
    Bye
    Bálint Varga

Just an additional information re this, we decided not to issue a new build before Technical Preview II which we plan to have ready during December. There are just few minor issues actually so we will rather concentrate on the implementation of new functions.

Holger
    Jedox QA

The post was edited 1 time, last by holger ().