loading module problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• loading module problems

Hi folks,

I have a problem concerning the PHP Palo API, especially the php_jedox_palo.dll. I have it all running well under windows XP using WAMP server, now I installed the same wamp server configuration on a Windows 2003 Server. I tried to load the php API for Palo but i get the message

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/php/ext/php_jedox_palo.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

Is it possible that the .dll does not work for windows 2003 server? Or whatelse could be the problem here?

Thanks in advance

Nicolas

P.S.: the PHP version is 5.1.2 and I used the .dll from the 5.1.x directory so there should not be problem concerning this.
  • Hello nmeseth!

The Palo extension for PHP requires two dll files: msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll. Both files should be in your SYSTEM32 directory (%WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\).

If you have an installation of Palo somewhere, these files are in the Palo directory. Otherwise you can get them here and here.

Please let me know if this helps you.
    With Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Jedox GmbH
    Jonathan Rass
    Developer

Worksheet-Server 2.0
    Run your Excel-Sheets as Multi-User PHP-Applications on the Web
  • I have one problem with Palo PHP Samples.
    I use XAMP 1.5.4 for Windows (Apache 2.2.3, PHP 5.1.6)
    When I try to load any of PHP Samples, I get an error
    "Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Not supported in multithreaded Web servers"
    "failed to load jedox_palo"
    How can I fix it?
  • Hello crop!

In multithreaded web servers you can only load extensions statically. You have to open your php.ini file and search for the

Source Code

1. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    2. ; Dynamic Extensions ;
    3. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

block. Just add the line extension=php_jedox_palo.dll after the other "extension=" lines.

You have to restart your web server after changing the php.ini.

Good luck! ;)
    With Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Jedox GmbH
    Jonathan Rass
    Developer

Worksheet-Server 2.0
    Run your Excel-Sheets as Multi-User PHP-Applications on the Web