Palo Web running in a Windows Server 2003 R2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Palo Web running in a Windows Server 2003 R2

Dear mates,

I would like to install a Palo Suite in a Windows Server 2003 R2 in order to run a Palo Web. I am not able to find the exe 64 bits to be downloaded.
    Trying with the Palo Suite 32 bits in Server 2003 64 bits I have been in troubles with the tomcat service. It was not possible to start - error code 0 starting service -.

Afterwards, the Palo OLAP server 64 bits was installed and is running successfully. This makes me thing that I need the proper software, even though some threads in forum show the 64 bits version is not needed.
    I would like to ask for your opinions.
    Thanks.

Best regards,

jms
  • Hi,
    I've found myself in the same exact position; the 32 bit versione of Palo Suite could not be used for the same reason, while the 64 bit version of Palo Server works ok.
    As others suppose in other threads, my opinion is that Jedox intends to make Palo Suite fully viable for enterprise environments only in the Premium Edition.

Regards,

RQ
  • Actually, Palo Suite is also available under GPL license (32 bit version only, for what I know), but some features (e.g. Report Manager) have been striped out in 3.1 open source version. According to some opinion, they are considered as key in corporate production environment.

Personally, I'm relying heavily on Palo Server 64 + Excel add-in.
    Regards,

RQ

The post was edited 1 time, last by realquo ().