Palo Web connecion, xmla and mondrian

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Palo Web connecion, xmla and mondrian

Hello,

I really like the excel tool provided in the Palo Web suite.
    I am wondering: how is the palo web excel tool communicating with the OLAP server? Would there be any xmla interface at work, and for example could we connect the excel tol to mondrian or other servers ?
    We're just evaluating the possibilites at the moment
  • RE: Palo Web connecion, xmla and mondrian

Excel Add-in uses Palo Client Libraries to connect to Palo OLAP Server. Communication is done over REST API (HTTP/HTTPS + CSV).

There is also ODBO/XMLA Provider which you can use to connect to Palo OLAP Server, for example to connect from Excel with Pivot Table.

Java - jPalo client library also supports XMLA, so you can use it to connect to other XMLA sources (like Mondrian).
    Mit freundlichen Gruessen/ With kind Regards / Meilleures salutations

Vladislav Malicevic
    VP Development & Support
    Jedox AG
  • v_malicevic wrote:

Excel Add-in uses Palo Client Libraries to connect to Palo OLAP Server. Communication is done over REST API (HTTP/HTTPS + CSV).
    How do you control which protocol the Excel add-in uses to communicate with the OLAP server. Is it possible to force them to use HTTPS? The reason I ask is that I would like to explore the possibilities of encrypting the data communication between the OLAP server and Excel. Is this even possible? Has anyone else done this?