Problem with data import

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Problem with data import

Hi,

I'm trying to import Datas drom a flat file *.csv or *.txt

all work fine except when i click on the "Next" icon ,

i'v e just have the first raw wich is full, so i click on "Next" again and the first raw accept the next data

the second , third and next RAWs arent never fit !!!

So all time i click on Next , the next data erase the precedent data in the first raw

my file is small (5ko) and contain 10 items !!!

could someone explain me , please

thanks

ray
    Files
    • ana_hl_2.zip

(1.92 kB, downloaded 532 times, last: )
  • RE: Problem with data import

Hi

I have had a look at the setdata function in the C api and don't believe at the moment it is possible to perform an additive import.
    If you need to do this then I would suggest you use either of these methods:
    1) Perform a sum and group by function on the data in a relational database and then import it
    eg select a, b, c, sum(d) from table group by a, b, c
    2) Use Excel to get the value and the If function in excel
    eg in cell b1 type =PALO.DATAC("local/server","CubeName",$a$1,$b$1,$c$1)
    then in cell b2 type =if(b1=0,Palo.setdata(value, "false", "local/server","cubename", $a$1, $b$1, $c$1), Palo.setdata(b1 + value, "false", "local/server","cubename", $a$1, $b$1, $c$1))
    etc...

Obviously method 2 may vary depending upon your excel setup and you might need to use something like =ISNA() instead of b1=0
    Ideally Palo won't store zero values since this isn't good for sparsity and can have an adverse effect on the performance of rules, but I haven't had time to see if this is the case of not.

Hope this helps

Hugo