Preventing summing up

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Preventing summing up

Hello,

I created a cube to compare profits & costs by different departments, so "department" is one dimension. Also I want to be able to look at the sum of all departments. For this I simply switch the view to "All departments".

Now I want to include interest payments, the interest rate has to stay the same irrespective of the department. So I created a measure "interest rate" and entered 4% for every department. Based on this I created a rule to calculate the interest payment. Looking at just one department this works perfectly well.

But if I change the view to "All departments" PALO of course sums up all interest rates which screws the payment calculations because all of a sudden we're talking about 20% instead of 4%...

I hope I made my point clear.

I'm sure there is a way to prevent PALO from doing this...

Would be great if somebody could help me with this.

The post was edited 1 time, last by pjotre ().

• RE: Preventing summing up

Or maybe, depending on your needs (it will calculate the average interest rate at consolidated level, in case your depts in the future have different int rates):

Source Code

1. ['interest rates']=C:[interests] / [capital]

Also, don't forget to redefine your base rule at dept level (please note the "N:") such as

Source Code

1. ['interests'] = N:['capital'] * ['interest rate']

Regards,

RQ
    • RE: Preventing summing up

Originally posted by realquo
      Or maybe, depending on your needs (it will calculate the average interest rate at consolidated level, in case your depts in the future have different int rates):

Source Code

1. ['interest rates']=C:[interests] / [capital]

Also, don't forget to redefine your base rule at dept level (please note the "N:") such as

Source Code

1. ['interests'] = N:['capital'] * ['interest rate']

Regards,

RQ

Thank you very much, this did it!
      Side effect: I finally understood how the rule-editor really works...
      PALO ist GREAT!