Uploading Tools/Enhancements

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Uploading Tools/Enhancements

Hi Palo-Team,

it would be nice to have an own thread for Tools / Enhancements.
    An Upload-Area would be nice too.

When the API is avalable i will write a data processing extension for MS Reporting Services. Are tools like this in your opinion or does it collide against the jedox-server?

best regards
  • The C API is already avaiable.
    Creating an extension for reporting services although not a bad idea also means that use need to have a SQL server license, and also how long will microsoft continue to give reporting services away for free? When they have established presence within the market they will begin to charge for it.
    Why not instead create reporting integration with one of the open source reporting solutions such as Bert, Jasper, OpenReports etc...
    I've had a poke around the C-API but think I might wait for the Java API then I can be sure to create cross platfrom applications. I would like to make a simple openoffice addin.
  • Originally posted by Hugo
    The C API is already avaiable.

I will wait for the .Net-API. My C is too bad.

When they have established presence within the market they will begin to charge for it.

I don't think so. Too many middle class companys already uses reporting services in their environments. Their decision against other products (MIS OnVision, BO, Cognos) and for RS, primarily based on the price and not on the variety of reporting-possibilities. IF MS charged them afterwards....that would be not a smart course.

Why not instead create reporting integration with one of the open source reporting solutions such as Bert, Jasper, OpenReports etc...

Hmm...you might be right. Unfortunately i'm not a JAVA-Programmer.
    -- xax managing data & information gmbh --
  • RE: Uploading Tools/Enhancements

Hi FrankMat,

In some cases MS Reporting Services is a perfect solution and in other cases Worksheet-Server serves better. We are confident that useful tools will survive and the others will disappear, and we do not dare to decide in advance what users will find helpful for their daily work. So just go ahead, we certainly do appreciate your contribution.

The .NET API is already available on request, I will email it to you instantly. And I created a new forum 'Tools & Enhancements', good idea!

Regards
    Holger
    Jedox QA