Markers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I've had a look on old posts but can't find anything appropriate.

I am testing Palo.Markers to a greater extent to determine whether Palo can be used for a rather complex modeling environment with many rules.

Based on the manual I understand the use of Markers using [[]] as well as replacing Palo.data with Palo.marker.

However, I also understand that a Marker can be attached to the end of a Palo.Data statement, where for example the Palo.Data statement cannot be replaced with Palo.Marker due to conditions included within the brackets. I can however not get the rule editor to accept the notation - it either throws up an error at the @ sign, or, if I place the @Palo.Marker after the IF statement, it just drops it and doesn't save it!

The specific rule (excl marker) is:
      ['Annual'] = N:IF(PALO.DATA("DemoFactory","Assumption",!'Version',"No Year","Annual","Start Year - Outyears") == VALUE(!'FinYear'),PALO.DATA("DemoFactory","PL",!'Version',PALO.DATA("DemoFactory","#_FinYear","Prior Year",!'FinYear'),"All Months",!'CostCentre',!'PLAccount',"Total Amount") * (1 + PALO.DATA("DemoFactory","Assumption",!'Version',!'FinYear',"Annual","Inflation Rate")),CONTINUE())

My attempts were:
      1. (Error)
      ['Annual'] = N:IF(PALO.DATA("DemoFactory","Assumption",!'Version',"No Year","Annual","Start Year - Outyears") == VALUE(!'FinYear'),PALO.DATA("DemoFactory","PL",!'Version',PALO.DATA("DemoFactory","#_FinYear","Prior Year",!'FinYear'),"All Months",!'CostCentre',!'PLAccount',"Total Amount") @ PALO.marker("DemoFactory","PL",!'Version',"All Years","All Months",!'CostCentre',!'PLAccount',"Total Amount") * (1 + PALO.DATA("DemoFactory","Assumption",!'Version',!'FinYear',"Annual","Inflation Rate")),CONTINUE())

2. (No error, but on closing rule editor, just dropped the Palo.Marker
      ['Annual'] = N:IF(PALO.DATA("DemoFactory","Assumption",!'Version',"No Year","Annual","Start Year - Outyears") == VALUE(!'FinYear'),PALO.DATA("DemoFactory","PL",!'Version',PALO.DATA("DemoFactory","#_FinYear","Prior Year",!'FinYear'),"All Months",!'CostCentre',!'PLAccount',"Total Amount") * (1 + PALO.DATA("DemoFactory","Assumption",!'Version',!'FinYear',"Annual","Inflation Rate")),CONTINUE()) @ PALO.marker("DemoFactory","PL",!'Version',"All Years","All Months",!'CostCentre',!'PLAccount',"Total Amount")

Any assistance or advice from the experts would be greatly appreciated!
    • Hi Tish

Sorry about the delayed reply. I had sort of given up with Palo with the initial news of the move away from the CE edition. I have now seen the updated news - not the greatest, especially on the bugs, but at least something. Will be tough for Palo to keep their reputation in tact though - much easier to just sell an alternate product (competitor).

Anyway, you were correct re TOTAL AMOUNT - it is a C element totalling Amount and Adjustment. I know in TM1 feeders are triggered from N-level in all cases, so presume markers are thus similar in Palo...

Thanks again for your response!
    • Hi,

Palo markers can be definitly compared to TM1 Feeders or Alea Accelerators, but especially compared to TM1, the Palo Markers are less flexible and much worse, less reliable than TM1 Feeders.

Btw: Are you sure, this works? "VALUE(!'FinYear')"

Regards.