Modelle and Excel Crash (freeze)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Modelle and Excel Crash (freeze)

// SORRY, the problem is fixed... I need patience ;)
    // you can delete the thread

Hello.
    I have a database (Test4 for example)
    I have created 3 dimensions : Years (7 entries), Month(12), and Commercials(4680 entries and one consolidate element)

After the creation of dimensions, I have to create the cube (as it is said in the PDF file).
    So I create a cube (cube4), select the three dimensions and after clicking on "Finish", the modeller doesn't respond (Excel too).
    All is freezed (Excel + Palo, not Windows).

If I restart my computer, I cannot reconnect to the PaloServer... (so I can't know if my cube is created or not). The only way to have access to the connection is by deleting the database 'Test4'...

What is the source of the problem?
    How can I fix it?
    Does the problem exist because of the 'great' amount of entries in the dimension Commercials???

My goal is to test Palo with great amount of data.

Thanks a lot.
    Jackybob

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jackybob ().

• Excel Crash

Hi,
    the problem is, that Palo needs a lot of time to reorganize the database after changes (new cubes etc.).
    You can only see the end of the reorgization in the palo logfile ("palo.txt"), as fas as I know.
    When you restart the computer before the reorganization ends, your database will be damaged!

Best regards

Roland
  • RE: Excel Crash

Hi!
    Well 1.0c was very inefficient when working with huge amount of elements per dimension and committing changes after large imports. These are issues which we addressed in upcoming 1.5 release. Loading times will reduce drastically. Until 1.5 is out we simply have to wait.
    Mit freundlichen Gruessen/ With kind Regards / Meilleures salutations

Vladislav Malicevic
    VP Development & Support
    Jedox AG