memory leak?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• memory leak?

good day!

Could you look on GetDataTest.zip? this is modified demo application, and modification is about simulation of stress Cube:getData() usage. Please run it and look on the memory consumption dynamic - i suspect that there exists some memory leaks in native part of jpalo realization... one million of getdata calls lead to 300+ Mb of memory to be used by the application (gc was called, totalMemory() shown by JVM is stable...)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
      Axel
      Files
      • GetDataTest.zip

(1.19 kB, downloaded 422 times, last: )
    • RE: memory leak?

hi axel,

no help sorry.
      I think the problem is within the palo c-api, like you said. Although I am not a c expert I have tried to rewrite your test sample code in c. However when I run the c programm I can see the same behaviour. If I comment out the call to the c-api getData() function everything runs fine. Maybe you should tell this problem to the palo-api or palo-server group.

regards,

arnd

H-m-m-m, very interesting. I have modified c-sdk example to make number of getdata calls and have found, that being compiled with MS VC6, it works perfectly, but being compiled with MS VC7 - shows (you're correct here) results similar with java-made test. Great. Which version of C compiler was used to make distributive copy of jpalo native libraries???

Thanks,
      Axel

I have found root cause of the problem. Just look by dependency viewer on palojava.dll. It was built by VS 6, as soon as we can see it uses MSVCRT.dll. But, see further under libpalo.dll - MSVCRT71.dll.

I have built libpalo.dll from palo.net's sources (1.0c), using VS 6 - leak has disappeared immediately.

I think, you should rebuild palojava.dll with MS VS 7.1 (2003?) in order to have correct distribution package...

Thanks,
      Axel

hi axel,

thanks for your investigations.
      and yes, you are right, we only create the palojava.dll which is linked against the libpalo.dll. For building palojava.dll we use cygwin. Now maybe you know if the problem disappear with the newest cygwin version or what compiler settings to use?

regards,

arnd