Invalid Name Error on Palo formulas on opening XLSX exported from Palo Web 3.2 in Excel 2003

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Invalid Name Error on Palo formulas on opening XLSX exported from Palo Web 3.2 in Excel 2003

Environment: Palo 3.2, excel 2003 (and 2000), Windows XP.
    Excel plugin is installed and working.
    Reproduce:
    Do a simple paste view for the demo database in Palo Web.
    Export that spreadsheet to XLSX.
    Open that XLSX in Excel 2003 or 2000 (compatibility plugin converts to XLS).

Problem:
    All cells with Palo formulas have #NAME? indicating an Invalid Name Error.
    Clicking "Show Calculation Steps" shows that it fails to recognise PALO.ENAME, PALO.DATA, etc.
    Editing the cell and hitting enter without actually changing anything results in the formula being evaluated correctly. Similarly, double clicking on an ename cell will bring up the element selection dialog and fix the cell.

Elsewhere on this forum, somebody had what may be the same issue: jedox.com/community/palo-forum…t+from+web+xlsx#post13429

The answer suggested that this is because excel disables formula calculation on downloaded XLSX files. This does not seem to me to be a likely explanation as that is not the error message that I am getting, and in any case, how might I re-enable formula calculation if this is the reason?

The technique I can use to evaluate the formula correctly (edit then hit enter) only works on one cell at a time, so it's no use if I have a file with thousands of messed up cells. Is there any way I could achieve the same affect on all the cells in the worksheet simultaneously, effectively editing and recommitting their formulas all at once? Hitting F9 does nothing, by the way.

Thanks for any help you can offer.