Calculate average - trouble with business rules

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Calculate average - trouble with business rules

Helle everybody,

I'm using the trial version of Jedox BI Suite 3.3 and currently I'm failing in calculating the average of 3 values. In the dimension there are 4 elements:
      - cost_planner_1
      - cost_planner_2
      - cost_planner_3
      - cost_planner_avg

The first three elements should be planned by different users, the fourth element should contain the average. So I created some rules but the results are not as expected. Let's use the following values and then different rules:
      - cost_planner_1 = 120
      - cost_planner_2 = 130
      - cost_planner_3 = 125

1st rule: ['cost_planner_avg'] = average(['cost_planner_1'], ['cost_planner_2'], ['cost_planner_3'])
      -> WRONG result: 42

2nd rule: ['cost_planner_avg'] = sum(['cost_planner_1'], ['cost_planner_2'], ['cost_planner_3']) / 3
      -> WRONG result: 42

3rd rule: ['cost_planner_avg'] = ['cost_planner_1'] * 1 / 3 + ['cost_planner_2'] * 1 / 3 + ['cost_planner_3'] * 1 / 3
      -> CORRECT result: 125

So only the last rules return the expected value. But why?! What is wrong in the first 2 rules?

Thanks for any help and best regards,
      kolo
    • ethssn wrote:

And when will this bugfix release be available? Was this announced?

Cheers, Stefan

Hello Stefan,

as i know, this is fixed. I also tested it, with the example values above (results @ screenshots)

Regards.
      Images
      • rule_editor average.JPG

70.12 kB, 1,205×312, viewed 387 times
      • rule_editor sum.JPG

69.45 kB, 1,196×312, viewed 326 times
      Djordja Markovic

Interessant things:
      Internal derby:
      jedox.com/community/palo-forum…ad&postID=14338#post14338
      Calculate your cube size:
      jedox.com/community/palo-forum…ad&postID=14406#post14406