Using C#: Die Datei oder Assembly "Jedox.Palo.Comm.dll" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

Using C#: Die Datei oder Assembly "Jedox.Palo.Comm.dll" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

Hello,

I try an application based on C # to implement. I am using Visual Studio. I could only set a reference to one DLL.

I get the following error message:
      The file or assembly 'Jedox.Palo.Comm.dll "or one of its dependencies was not found. The specified module could not be found.
      (Die Datei oder Assembly "Jedox.Palo.Comm.dll" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden)

Thanks and regards
      Christian

C# asseblies and file needed

Hi Christian,

This too me about a month to get an answer, and not from this forum.

So to save you the same pain and hopefully other here it is:

You need to include a whole bunch of files in the bin or the same directory as the exe.
      1. jedox.palo.comm.dll
      2. icudt46.dll
      3. icuin46.dll
      4. icuuc46.dll
      5. libpalo_ng.dll
      6. libpalo2.dll
      7. msvcr71.dll
      8. msvcp100.dll
      9. msvcr90.dll
      10. msvcr100.dll
      I am not sure if all the C++ RTM files are needed but I didn't want to waste more time working it out. With all those file I get my program to work.
      Just as a note: This work for me for a Windows application.

I was trying to build a MS Word and PowerPoint addin using the same code as the Windows form but it would not work. It did work for Excel. It seems like there are other dll's that are needed in addition to this.

If you find out how to make Word Add-in work, please let me know?
      Thanks
      Mark
      Thanks for this post, this helped me to compile the project successfully

A question I have is, after compiling it, I tried to add the Excel Addin COM and I get the message that

"Jedox.Palo.XlAddin.dll is not a valid Excel add-in"

Have you faced this? and, if so, what did you do?

Thanks

Could not load file or assembly Jedox.Palo.comm.dll or one of its dependencies on website

I can run the website locally (iisserver.exe 32bit runs locally) but deploying to the webserver gives me the error: Could not load file or assembly Jedox.Palo.comm.dll or one of its dependencies. The webserver runs 64-bit IIS with 32-bit enabled for the application pool. I've used the depends.exe utility (http://dependencywalker.com) to see what Jedox.Palo.comm.dll uses and included the following file when deploying:

IEShims.dll
      msvcr90.dll
      libpalo_ng.dll
      libpalo2.dll
      JedoxXlHelper.dll
      Jedox.Palo.Comm.dll
      icuuc49.dll
      icuin49.dll
      icudt49.dll
      vcomp120.dll
      vccorlib120.dll
      vcamp120.dll
      msvcr120d.dll
      msvcr120.dll
      msvcp120d.dll
      msvcp120.dll
      msdia120.dll
      mfcm120u.dll
      mfcm120.dll
      mfc120u.dll
      mfc120enu.dll
      mfc120.dll
      msvcr71.dll
      msvcp71.dll
      msvcr100_clr0400.dll
      msvcr110.dll
      msvcp110.dll
      msvcr110d.dll
      msvcp110d.dll
      msvcrt20.dll
      msvcrt.dll
      msvcp60.dll
      msvcrt40.dll
      msvcr110_clr0400.dll
      msvcp110_clr0400.dll
      msvcr100.dll
      msvcp100.dll

What do I need to deploy to the webserver bin folder to clear this error?

My theory, base on a not too firm understanding of the situation, is that since Jedox.Palo.comm.dll is an assembly that wraps the C++ dlls it requires that the C++ dlls and maybe the C++ runtime dlls to be in the machine's system folders (or the installed folders for the C++ runtime). Since I can't do that on the webserver the assembly load fails. I don't think it's looking in the bin folder where I have all these dlls deployed.

On another note, I can't run the 64-bit locally (using 64-bit IIS Server). I've also tried making just a desktop or console application. I've tried putting the 64-bit dlls and the other dlls into both the system32 and the SysWOW64 folder. I always get the error: Could not load file or assembly Jedox.Palo.comm_64.dll or one of its dependencies

Post was edited 2 times, last by “RoarkDude” ().