Consolidated values equal to individual childeren ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Consolidated values equal to individual childeren ?

Is there a way that I can write into a consolidated cell so that the parent and all the children have the same values ?
    Parent = 10
    Child 1 = 10
    Child 2 = 10

I want to use this int calculations where discount are set at different product levels of the hierarchy, but if a discount is set at a higher level, all children should have the same value as the parent, unless a manual overwrite is done.

Thanks,
    Dieter
  • At consolidated level when the user wants to enter Product discounts - they can Splash it: !<Splash value>
    When you Splash values at higher level with "!" operator all the descendants will be set same as splash value

Have an Server rule defined as
    ['Discount'] = C: PALO.DATA("Your DataBase","Your Cube",!'Dimension 1',!'Dimension2'... etc ,PALO.ECHILD("Your Database","Products",!'Products',1),"Discount")

This rule will make parent Product elements refer to value of their first child.

Hope it helps

Best regards,
    Noel.

Edited coz : P turned into smiley :P
  • Consolidated values equal to individual children ?

Hello Noel and others,

I have a similar challenge where I have 'Hourly Rate' as an element of the Measures Dimension.

The element 'Billable Hours' (from the same dimension 'Measures') consolidates correctly (summed up) over the Employee dimension element 'Category' (ie. 'Employee Category A' , 'Employee Category B' and 'Employee Category C'). However, I need 'Hourly Rate' to consolidate so that the parent's value (of each employee category) has the same value of its children.

For example, 'Employee 1', 'Employee 2', and 'Employee 3' have all the attribute value 'Employee Category A'. The Hourly Rate of employees 'Employee 1', 'Employee 2' and 'Employee 3' is $400 each. Therefore the consolidated value of Hourly Rate for 'Employee Category A' must also be $400.

Is the best way to achieve this via a Rule?
    If so, can I have an example of such rule?

I'm happy to bring more specific details if required.

Thanks in advance.
    tholiv

The post was edited 1 time, last by tholiv ().