Cannot import Data into Cube KompletteCSV: invalid element name,element name contains an illegal character(Palo error code: 4006)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cannot import Data into Cube KompletteCSV: invalid element name,element name contains an illegal character(Palo error code: 4006)

Hello PaloForum,

ETL seems to be quite error-prone (fehleranfällig).
      It sais, my CSV has illegal characters, but the logfile gives no info to find out, which row and column this character may be in.
      It could be fixed (maybe because there are URLs in the CSV?)
      But the log just sais only: The last Element was ok, the next one was invalid, i will exit now.
      The CSV-file was readable with Qlikview without any errors.
      Therefore I exported this CSV again from Qlikview (qlikview.com) into new CSV, but this error still rises.

How can i fix this?
      What are invalid characters? Is there a list of the illegal ones anywhere?
      Which was the wrong character?
      Is there a FAQ-Database for Palo with standart answers to this error-returncode 4006?
      I can only find "Jedox Dokumentations" (which gives no answer) but no ErrorFAQs
      The only way to import this CSV into Jedox is disable column by column (54 in total by the way) until the file is reduced to state "useless"...

But everytime after abortet import, I have to delete imported Elements in the Database, otherwise it sais with the next import: Element allready exist, Import abortet ??!!
      These ist my first experience in Jedox. I hope the ETL-Prozess can be done anyhow...

But thanks for this awsome software! I think it is an awsome piece at the end...

Cheers Gretto

2013-01-11 19:59:25,164 INFO : Element #002e79 is added to dimension funktion_color.
      2013-01-11 19:59:25,195 ERROR : Cannot import Data into Cube KompletteCSV: invalid element name,element name contains an illegal character(Palo error code: 4006)
      2013-01-11 19:59:25,195 INFO : Finished execution of job CSV-NeuExportiert laden after 1.375s with status: Failed