Bug: Changing page selector to use view attribute vs [none] is not sticky (4.0.0)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bug: Changing page selector to use view attribute vs [none] is not sticky (4.0.0)

On creating a web spreadsheet -> Jedox -> Paste view, add a dimension with attributes to the page selector view (you can use the localhost/Bikers Orders cube and select the Customer Telephone attribute and select All Customers -> North -> Finland -> 686-666-0180

Save the spreadsheet. Leave the spreadsheet in browser view for 12 hours. DO NOT LOGOUT/LOGIN during this time.

When you come back, double click to edit the view, exit the editor and the phone number will revert to "A Typical Bike Shop"

Edit the view and select a different phone number. Sometimes the display will change to a phone number, sometimes it will revert back to the customer name.

If you go to the OLAP Manager and browse the Biker -> Customer dimension, you will see a blank pane.

If you try to logout now (using logout button), logout dialog won't be painted but you will see an "OK" button in the middle of the screen.

I think the problem is the session cookie expired but somehow Jedox Web Applications is still partially functional.

It would be better if web application detected this and forwarded you back to login screen.
    • No. Even after a fresh login, I'm still seeing my page selector revert back to element name vs attribute name (even though the attribute name is selected correctly in the "Choose Element" view in a Page selector.)

Seems that moving any dimensions except for the Customers dimension causes the Customer dimension to revert to rendering the Element name instead of the attribute. The only way to get the attribute back is to select a different element, paste view and then edit the view again and select the original element.
    • Hi,

I've tried to reproduce your problem with the Attribute selection being lost, but failed to do so. When opening Paste View dialogue again, Attribute selection on "Customers" dimension was always correctly retained / used on "Paste".

In your second note you mentioned "moving any dimensions except for Customers dimension", what exactly do you mean here?

Your thread also states that you are using version "4.0.0", can you paste precise version number from "Info" dialogue ("(i)" button in Jedox Web toolbar bottom-left)

If you go to the OLAP Manager and browse the Biker -> Customer dimension, you will see a blank pane.

If you try to logout now (using logout button), logout dialog won't be painted but you will see an "OK" button in the middle of the screen.

This sounds like a known issue with Firefox 18 (bug in their JavaScript rendering engine), what Browser + Version are you using?
    • Hi Dominik,

I'm using Chrome on Ubuntu (Version 26.0.1410.40 beta)

Here's my Jedox details.

Jedox Suite Release 4.0.0
      (Linux 3.2.5-gg1130)

Frontend
      Version: 4.0.0.8346
      Date: 2012-10-11 12:52:53 +0200

Backend
      Version: 4.0.2.5706
      Date: 2012-10-11 07:34:59 +0200

Scheduler
      Server Version: 4.0.0.209

OLAP
      Server Version: 4.0.4.3717
      Client Library Version: 4.0.1.1762

ETL
      Server Version: 4.0.4.2667
      Web Client Version: 4.0.0.743

Regarding "moving any dimension except for Customers dimension" would be moving "Channels" from Page selector to Column Titles or "Datatypes" from Page Selector to Row titles.

BTW, its happening to me again. Its been about 4 hours since I used my session,

I double clicked on cell A11 to start the page view editor.
      I selected Customers in my Page selector view.
      (All customers -> North->Finland)
      I selected the attribute "Telephone"
      I highlighted 686-555-0180.
      I clicked OK and Paste.

And on my display I still see "A Typical Bike" as the Customer.

If I select "996-555-0196" Ok -> Paste, the Page selector updates correctly
      and after this, If I select "686-555-0180" Ok -> Paste, the Page selector updates correctly (its now showing me "686-555-0180") as I type.

This is annoying but not a show stopper.