Default Cube View(s)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Default Cube View(s)

When comparing the product to TM1 i'm certainly missing the possibility to save views from a cube.

You can save any view of the cube data for quick access in the future. Each cube can have one view named Default. A cube’s Default view automatically displays when you open the cube again.
    ---
    Testing 5.0.2.8378, in trial mode.
  • Hi homebunny,

i do not know TM1 very well ; on which client is there such a functionnality ? In Excel ?

as Jedox has no native heavy client then I do not see how such a feature could work...

what do you mean by "opening" the cube ? From my point of view you do not "open" a cube, you access the data that is stored in this cube

but maybe i'm mistaken

cheers,
    laloune

Post hoc, non est propter hoc
  • Hi Laloune,

If you compare Jedox to TM1, then the 'PASTE VIEW' functionality has in TM1 2 ways for doing this:
    1. Using the server explorer you can view a cube 'view', to see your cube data with saved rows/columns/header, or start with a new view, were you can drag and drop rows/colums/header, from the cube viewer. You can slice this 'view' to excel. This has the same result as Jedox Paste View
    2. Using the 'In spreadsheet browser' this is a button on the excel toolbar were you can choose the cube and optionally a view. This has the same result as Jedox Paste View

The advantage is of course that you only need to select the rows/colums/header and elements once, what is handy for larger models.

Or course you are not mistaken :),
    With wording 'opening a cube' a meant viewing the cube, but the word viewing was a bit odd in my text :)

Regards,
    ---
    Testing 5.0.2.8378, in trial mode.