System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Fresh install off the excel-addon to a machine, first start from excel gives following error:

Dienstag, 25. Juni 2013 14:07
    Starting Excel failed

Exception Data:
    at Jedox.Palo.Starter.StarterDialog.GetStringValue(String path, String defaultvalue) in C:\Workspace\5.0\common\palo_designer\Starter\main.cs:line 248
    at Jedox.Palo.Starter.StarterDialog.Main(String[] args) in C:\Workspace\5.0\common\palo_designer\Starter\main.cs:line 105
    ------------------------------------------------

Any ideas?
    ---
    Testing 5.0.2.8378, in trial mode.

homebunny wrote:

Fresh install off the excel-addon to a machine, first start from excel gives following error:

Dienstag, 25. Juni 2013 14:07
    Starting Excel failed

Exception Data:
    at Jedox.Palo.Starter.StarterDialog.GetStringValue(String path, String defaultvalue) in C:\Workspace\5.0\common\palo_designer\Starter\main.cs:line 248
    at Jedox.Palo.Starter.StarterDialog.Main(String[] args) in C:\Workspace\5.0\common\palo_designer\Starter\main.cs:line 105
    ------------------------------------------------

Any ideas?
    I too keep getting this error message but only for one user on one PC(!), please see the attached log files.
    Other users on the same PC have no problems.

Excel starts, but the Jedox add-ins do not load.

I have 10 PCs with the Jedox Excel add-in working great, but this one PC does not want to cooperate. I have tried several possible soultions;
    • Uninstall and reinstall Jedox
    • Repair install Office
    • Manual start of Jedox plugins

PC setup: Windows 7 64-bit, Office 2010 32-bit.

Please help!
    Tank you in advance.
    Files