Install Problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Install Problems

I tried to install Palo today for the first time (1c) - the install appeared to work (no error messages), when I selected Palo:Excel Addin excel loaded with the Palo menu and menu bar (and palo.exe is added to my Processes).

However, when none of the menu choices or menu bar buttons do anything/start anything - with or without the sample file loaded.

Am I missing something simple? Windows XP/Excel 2003/.net 1.1 and 2.0/VS 2005 Beta...

Thanks for any suggestions - looks very interesting-
    Charles
  • RE: Install Problems

Dear Charles,

we actually did experience problems in some installations with .NET 2.0 in the Palo version you have, they will be resolved in Technical Preview II. In the meantime we recommend to uninstall .NET 2.0 if you have a chance to.

Kind regards
    Holger Barczaitis
    Palo QA
  • Patch for Excel 2003

Hello,
    As stated in the previous post, there are several issues with Palo and .NET. The main problem is that Palo is built against .NET framework 1.1 and that when more versions of .NET framework are present Excel usually loads with the newer one, thus rendering Palo Excel Add-in unusable. On top of all that, there is a general problem with Add-ins and .NET 2.0 acknowledged by the Microsoft. You can read more about it on:

support.microsoft.com/kb/908002

Prior to uninstalling .NET 2.0 you could try applying this patch:

microsoft.com/downloads/detail…64D6AC4670&displaylang=en
    Mit freundlichen Gruessen/ With kind Regards / Meilleures salutations

Vladislav Malicevic
    VP Development & Support
    Jedox AG