Connections: Access does not work (CE 3.2) [SOLVED]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Connections: Access does not work (CE 3.2) [SOLVED]

Hi,

I found out a problem with the Access connector in Palo Suite CE 3.2 on Windows 7.
      When trying to test the connection component, I get the following error:

Source Code

1. ERROR [connection NewConnection] (TestWrapper.java:66) - Failed to open Relational connection NewConnection with URL
      2. jdbc:odbc:Driver={MicroSoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=r:\filename.mdb Please check your connection specification.
      3. [Microsoft][ODBC Driver pro Microsoft Access] (unknown) is not correct path. Test whether pathname is correct and whether you are connected to server where file is located.
      4. INFO [connection NewConnection] (ExecutionState.java:166) - Finished execution of connection NewConnection with status: Failed

ODBC connections work fine in other apps.
      Any suggestions how to force it to work?

Thanks,

Radim

The post was edited 2 times, last by rmachu: Solved ().

• SOLVED!

I found out the appropriate information in
      JEDOX Administrator Guide Version 5.0 SR3, page 252:
      http://www.jedox.com/en/jedox-downloads/documentation/5/sr2/jedox-5-sr2-admin-manual.html

11.5 Jedox ETL - Accessing network files
      11.5.1 OS Windows
      How to access files on network drives / ODBC sources where data resides on Network drive (e.g.
      Access file) on OS Windows:
      1. Stop JedoxSuiteTomcatService:
      2. For the JedoxSuiteTomcatService, set a user which can access network drives:
      With right-click on "JedoxSuiteTomcatService Service" you can select such a user by "Properties – Log

On - This Account – Browse – Advanced… - Find now", enter then the password and click "Apply":
      3. Restart JedoxSuiteTomcatService.
      Note:
      - A change in Tomcat configuration files and a new installation of the Tomcat Service is no longer
      necessary with release Jedox ETL 4.0.
      - The path of the network address has to start with \\<server>\. The drive letter of a mapped
      network drive is not accepted.

Hints for Linux are described below.

To summarize:
      I tested on my Window 7 workstation, it works.

I added specified Windows user login and password and I entered a pathname in UNC to ETL: e.g. \\server\folder\database.mdb

I hoped that it would help to make Acces connection FASTER, but it does not.
      Has anybody overcome slow responces of MS Access connections in ETL??
      Please reply to jedox.com/community/palo-forum…page=Thread&threadID=4387
    • rmachu wrote:

Oh, it does not work with network drives!

I copied mdb to local drive C: and it works.

QUESTION still is:

How to fix with MS Access databases stored at mapped network drive?

rmachu wrote:

Oh, it does not work with network drives!

I copied mdb to local drive C: and it works.

QUESTION still is:

How to fix with MS Access databases stored at mapped network drive?

thanks for the solution... :thumbsup: it works