ETL-Server and Drill Through

ETL-Server and Drill Through

Hey,

I just installed Jedox Palo Suite 3.2 SR3 and realized that the ETL-Server is not working. Can anybody explain to me, how I can fix this and make it run?

My second question is about the drill through function. It is also not working. Do I need the ETL-Server that this function will work? Or is this function not possible for this version of Palo? (But I found it in the manual for this version... ?( )

I´m looking forward to your answers,

Susi
    Hi Susi,

1st question : what does "ETL-Server" is not working ? What are the symptoms? What do you have in log/tomcat/etlserver.log ?

2nd question: drill-through is only available in the Premium version as this uses a supervision-server event. Supervision-Server is a premium feature (but you can test it by downloading jedox 5.0)

hope this helps!
    laloune

Post hoc, non est propter hoc
    Hey laloune,

thank you for answering!

to the 1st topic: The login is not available. (see picture) How can I fix this?

to the 2nd topic: I thought it would be also in the earlier versions, as I found the function in the manual with advanced topics of the version 3.2 SR3?
    Images
    • Unbenannt.JPG

13.63 kB, 271×111, viewed 296 times
    Hi Susi,

1/ do you run Palo on Linux ? if yes then look in the startscript the line that starts the tomcat service could be commented
    2/ nope, you definitely need the supervision-server to use drillthrough. But you still can use an odbc connection to get the data from the relational db

hope this helps !
    laloune

Post hoc, non est propter hoc