Jedox 5.1

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dear Palo Customers, Partners and Community,
    We are pleased to announce immediate availability of Jedox 5.1. As of Monday, April 28th 2014, the latest and greatest version of Jedox - Jedox 5.1 can be downloaded
    from www.jedox.com. This is a feature release containing more then 1000 changes over the previous release.
    For detailed information about the fixes refer to the change log documents and consult the know issues document found under known issues. This document contains always the newest issues and workarounds of the current release.
    Don't forget to check out our feature voting tool, our support tracking portal and our knowledgebase accessible via: jedox.com/en/services/support/.
    Mit freundlichen Gruessen/ With kind Regards / Meilleures salutations

Vladislav Malicevic
    VP Development & Support
    Jedox AG
  • Hello,
    I have a problem, I have migrate from 5.0 to 5.1 (Linux version).
    The server work well (ETL jobs, tasks ...) but when i want to see ETL projects, i have a error (ETL erroer 404) and in the file palotomcat

6 mai 2014 10:35:24 org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
    INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-/127.0.0.1-7775"]
    6 mai 2014 10:35:24 org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
    INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["ajp-bio-/127.0.0.1-8010"]
    6 mai 2014 10:35:24 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
    INFO: Server startup in 18353 ms
    6 mai 2014 10:35:33 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
    INFO: La servlet RPC est actuellement indisponible
    6 mai 2014 10:35:37 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
    INFO: La servlet ERPC est marqué comme indisponible
    6 mai 2014 10:35:37 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
    GRAVE: Exception lors de l'allocation pour la servlet ERPC
    java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/jedox/backend/ERPCServlet : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 (unable to load class com.jedox.backend.ERPCServlet)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:2824)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1150)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1645)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1523)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClass(DefaultInstanceManager.java:415)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClassMaybePrivileged(DefaultInstanceManager.java:397)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.newInstance(DefaultInstanceManager.java:118)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1087)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:824)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:135)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:405)
    at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:196)
    at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:515)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:300)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    6 mai 2014 10:51:39 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
    INFO: La servlet RPC est actuellement indisponible
    6 mai 2014 10:51:43 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
    INFO: La servlet ERPC est actuellement indisponible

Thanks you for your help
  • HI there !

Since the 5.1 update I have a little problem in some of my JEDOX web report.

The filtre "text" on a combobox (populated by a subset) seems not working or at least not like before.

Example : My subset give me "AZ, BA, R0, R1" and I want to have only "BA, R1". In 5.0 I used this filter specifying elements I want. But on 5.1 it doesn't work... (the filter is the same, the result isn't !)

Feel free to give any kind of advice.
    Regards

EDIT :

After switching the dimension then swithing back, it works...
  • Hi everyone,
    We've done the 5.1 update this morning, after some problems with java version, all work now.

But we have again a little problem. Since the update we could'nt edited some Transformation (on ETL). For exemple we could edit TableView (we have the two buttons 'update', 'cancel' when double click on a row) but if we try on a TableNormalization when we double click on a row nothing happen.

We have the same problem on Extract,Load...

Do someone know if the update is the problem ??

picture to see problem :

Here is ok :
    [IMG:http://nsa34.casimages.com/img/2014/05/06/140506051137864947.jpg]

here is not ok :
    [IMG:http://nsa34.casimages.com/img/2014/05/06/140506051041221573.jpg]
  • This morning we upgraded Jedox 5.0 to 5.1 (windows) and are having following problems:
    1. I can login and open reports on the server machine, but I can't access jedox web or excel on every other client machine.
    excel error: connection to '10.10.16.244:7777' timed out (error -31)
    jedox web error on address 10.10.16.244/ui/login/ with firefox:
    Unable to connect. Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 10.10.16.244.

2. manual job execution fails with error:
    2014-05-09 07:58:25
    ERROR
    Failed to open OLAP connection xxx_C_J. Please check your connection specification. Could not connect to OLAP server at host '10.10.16.244' on port '7777': Connection refused: connect

Any suggestions?
  • I've managed to get web access from clients with un-commenting the line
    Listen 0.0.0.0:80
    in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Jedox\Jedox Suite\httpd\conf\httpd.conf" which was commented during the upgrade.

But we still don't have excel access on clients and can't execute ETL jobs.
  • Hi guys,

I don't know if some of you have tested the Transform -> R Script in the new ETL module.

I have successfully installed R (3.1.0) and (I guess) rJava.

I have made an ETL projet calling an EXCEL file (working), but when I want to use a transform, nothing happens. However, I have the "loading bar" popping some times on top right on Jedox WEB...

If you have any informations, feel free to share =]

Edit : 3.1.0 seems bad with Jedox's ETL. I'm trying with 3.0.3 (since he want a 3.0.X's DLL).

It finally worked but seriously those errors' messages could be a little more explicit. Also, if fully working examples could be available it would be really cool.
    I found this on the web : osbi-workshop.de/wordpress/wp-…14/02/07_OSBI_Jedox_R.pdf might be usefull for others :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by trall ().