A Newbie

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Guys need some help. I have worked in ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend and now Ab Initio. Also worked on Essbase OLAP sever. Would like to try my hand on Palo specially for the OLAP opensource it provides. However I am not sure of the approach.

I downloaded Jedox Base 5.1 but am not sure how to use it.

I have used talend to format my source data and loaded the same into Oracle in the form of Fact and Dimensions. Now would like to use the Jedox OLAP server functionality to analyze the same.

Do I need to download the Palo ETL also to load the cube. Where/how do I define the cube ?

Need some help in step by step process.

I am not even sure if this is the correct section to post it.

Thanks

Sunil

The post was edited 1 time, last by sunbaj ().

• Hi laloune,

Thanks for the response. At least someone is trying to help me. I installed the Excel add-in and was able to create a new cube and had the Dimensions in it. I created a Time Dimension and a Customer Dimension and also a Measure Dimension.

Now in Oracle database I have a Time Dimension table and a Customer Dimension Table. And also I have a Fact Table which has the Measures.

I would like to create the Time Dimension and the Customer Dimension Hierarchy in the cube using the oracle database via a load process instead of manually entering the same via the Excel add-in. Is this possible to do or I will have to manually create the cube Elements and Hierarchy.

Thanks