Jedox add-in not working

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Jedox add-in not working

All of a sudden I cannot use Jedox Excel Add-In anymore (Excel 2007).

All ribbon items, except "Jedox Wizard", "Options" and "About Jedox" are now grayed out.
    If I click the aforementioned ribbon items that are not grayed out, nothing happens.
    I also noticed that under "Add-Ins" tab, "Jedox" is no longer included.
    I checked JedoxRibbon.log and this file is constantly growing 114MB ! I'm seeing MSGs like:

Brainfuck Source Code

1. Donnerstag, 12. Juni 2014 15:452014-06-12T15:45:55.3881182+02:00Error GetPaloWebWizardEnabled
    2. Exception Data:System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Core.CommandBarButton'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{000C030E-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). at PaloXlAddin2007.Connect.GetControl(Object tag) in c:\jenkins_root\workspace\5_0\palo_designer\XlAddin2007\PaloXlAddin2007\Connect.cs:line 301 at PaloXlAddin2007.Connect.GetPaloWebWizardEnabled(IRibbonControl control) in c:\jenkins_root\workspace\5_0\palo_designer\XlAddin2007\PaloXlAddin2007\Connect.cs:line 833------------------------------------------------

If I run Excel as "admin", the Jedox Add-In becomes accessible again.

I performed a reinstall of add-in but this did not resolve the issue.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

Herman
  • YES, found the cause (at last).

It appears that my Excel toolbar file (Excel.xlb) was corrupt.

Fix for Windows 7 / Excel 2007:

1. Close MS Excel
    2. Rename current xlb:
    For example, rename C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\Excel12.xlb >> C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\Excel12-OLD.xlb
    3. When you restart MS Excel, it rebuilds a new toolbar file

Jedox Add-In works again.