Cube Design Help

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cube Design Help

Guys I have designed a cube and below is an extarct of what/how the cube looks like. I am basically trying to create a OLAP cube which contains my Saving Accounts and my Credit Card transactions so that I can do some analysis. The 1, -1 and 0 that I have against the elements are the Weight of the Elements.

Year Dimension
    All Years
    2013 1
    2014 1

Account Dimension
    All Account
    Credit Card 1
    CC1 1
    Savings 1
    SA1 1
    SA2 1

Transaction Type Dimension
    Credit 1
    Debit 1

Transactions Dimension
    All Transactions
    Credit Card 0
    Credit Card Payment 1
    Interest 1
    Interest From SA1 1
    Interest From SA2 1
    Grocery 1
    Walmart 1
    Macys 1

Measeures
    Ammount 1

The problem that I am facing is as follows:
    Take a scenario where I have done purchasing of 100$ ammount against my Credit card. Now when I pay my credit card Bills from my savings account I will have a transaction of 100$ debit from my savings account and 100$ credit against my credit card. Also consider that I have 500$ credited in my savings account for the same time period.

Now if I made the Weight as 1 for all the elements then it would assume that the over all credit is 600$ and over all debit is 200$. In order to avoid this I made the Weight of Credit Card in Transaction Dimension as 0. So any Credit Card Payment Credit or Debit will never be added irrespective of the Savings or Credit account when when I want to see a wholistic picture of all my accounts for a time period.

But now another issue arises. When I just select the Savings account I loose the Debit that I have done in my Savings Account to pay the Credit Card Bills.

Is there a way I can overcome this issue or I need to have two seperate Cubes to resolve this.

Thanks
  • Hi Sunbaj,

I am not quite sure about your question, but for the specific calculation and consolidation. I will try to use Rule instead of setting up Weight.

I with you can solve the problem by it. good luck.

sunbaj wrote:

Guys I have designed a cube and below is an extarct of what/how the cube looks like. I am basically trying to create a OLAP cube which contains my Saving Accounts and my Credit Card transactions so that I can do some analysis. The 1, -1 and 0 that I have against the elements are the Weight of the Elements.

Year Dimension
    All Years
    2013 1
    2014 1

Account Dimension
    All Account
    Credit Card 1
    CC1 1
    Savings 1
    SA1 1
    SA2 1

Transaction Type Dimension
    Credit 1
    Debit 1

Transactions Dimension
    All Transactions
    Credit Card 0
    Credit Card Payment 1
    Interest 1
    Interest From SA1 1
    Interest From SA2 1
    Grocery 1
    Walmart 1
    Macys 1

Measeures
    Ammount 1

The problem that I am facing is as follows:
    Take a scenario where I have done purchasing of 100$ ammount against my Credit card. Now when I pay my credit card Bills from my savings account I will have a transaction of 100$ debit from my savings account and 100$ credit against my credit card. Also consider that I have 500$ credited in my savings account for the same time period.

Now if I made the Weight as 1 for all the elements then it would assume that the over all credit is 600$ and over all debit is 200$. In order to avoid this I made the Weight of Credit Card in Transaction Dimension as 0. So any Credit Card Payment Credit or Debit will never be added irrespective of the Savings or Credit account when when I want to see a wholistic picture of all my accounts for a time period.

But now another issue arises. When I just select the Savings account I loose the Debit that I have done in my Savings Account to pay the Credit Card Bills.

Is there a way I can overcome this issue or I need to have two seperate Cubes to resolve this.

Thanks