Relational Extract loaded again for each - is there a way to cache a relational extract?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Relational Extract loaded again for each - is there a way to cache a relational extract?

Hi,

I created an ETL prozess that extacts something from a database via relational extract. This extract includes all columns I need later.
      For every dimension the same source (E_SQL in my case) is specified and for every dimension the sql statement is executed again.
      Is there a way to cache the extract?

This is not only necessary for a better performance - in the worst case data inside the sql database gets modified between the different sql queries caused by creating every dimension...

Thanks for your hints..
    • Hi,
      You could load the Extract to a local filebased H2- or Derby-database in a Relational Load with Mode "Create" as a first load. The other loads extract then from this table with a simple "SELCT * from table". In the forthcoming Jedox release there will be a built-in solution for this use-case in most of the extract types.